THRÊĒ

Thursday
4:27 pm.
°°°°°°°°°°

Three days I had laid in this bed and I hadn't eaten

Three days I had laid in this bed and I hadn't eaten. I had only cried, slept, cried, bathe and repeat. Amyra had also been calling and came by to see me but I didn't open the door for her because I didn't want her to see me like that.

I decided to get up today and go outside because I couldn't stay in the bed forever. There was a football field next door that the boys played football on in the evenings so I was going to go take a walk.

I opened the door and stepped outside only to come face to face with Amyra who was sitting down flat on her ass on the ground.

If she nuh mad den me mad.

"Finally." She said with a sigh as she got up and I locked the door.

"Y yuh did deh pan di ground?" I asked as I started to walk away and she tried to catch up with me.

"Mi did a wait pan yuh."

"Fi how how long?"

"I came this morning and left before coming back." I know she had something important to do so why was she sitting outside my door for hours on end?

"Why?"

"Yuh disappear fi three days bredda an yuh neva did a tek nuh calls or answer di door when mi come ova here suh mi decide fi siddung outside cause mi know yuh must come out one day."

"Yuh nav nthn fi duh?"

"Weh dat supposed to mean?" I opened the gate and waited for her to walk through it before I closed it behind us.

"Nthn man."

"So why haven't you been going to work?" I sighed but continued walking without saying anything. "Hello, a u mi a talk tuh enuh miss."

"I got fired."

"What? Why?" She asked as she caught up to me and stopped me with a hand on my shoulder. "Iyana?" I sighed before turning my head to look at her.

"I don't know why. They just called me into the office after my last shift and fired me."

"I am so sorry Yan. Come here." She pulled me into a hug and I let her just to appease her. "So what do you want to do now?" She asked when she pulled away and I started walking again.

"Try to find another job, that's all I can do." I shrugged and kept walking.

"Maybe I can help out until then."

"Amyra, I don't want your money." She kissed her teeth and sighed before shaking her head.

"Yuh too stubborn enuh man cause mi nuh know how yuh think it mek mi feel fi know seh yah struggle an as yuh bestfriend, mi cyaan duh nthn at all fi help because yuh nah allow mi fi help."