ÑİŃĒŤËĚŅ

"You told me to give you a month to think about moving and I gave you that so what now?" He asked as he opened the fridge to get a bottle of water

"You told me to give you a month to think about moving and I gave you that so what now?" He asked as he opened the fridge to get a bottle of water. I didn't say anything right away and he didn't like that. "Mi hate talk tuh yuh an it feel like a mi self mi a talk tuh cause yuh nah seh nthn."

"Don't be like that."

"But a just di truth."

"I do want to move but I can't afford to move to where I really want to right now."

"Yuh nuh affi afford nthn Iyana wen yuh man own multiple apartment complexes and houses suh all yuh need fi duh a pick one and it's yours." Which person in their right mind would just get up and give a person somewhere to live for free?

He is.

"But I —."

"What are you afraid of?"

"Suppose wi nuh work out an—."

"Dat a suppose an even if wi nuh work out, mi nah guh kick yuh out pan di streets because my goal is to make sure you can sleep peacefully at nights and not having to worry about your creepy neighbour outside your door." I didn't say anything but then I felt his arms around my waist and his warm breath fanning the skin of my neck. "Will you just let me take care of you?"

"I......I......"

"Just say the word and I can have you out of here like yesterday."

"Okay." What harm could it do? I really wanted to be able to walk out of my house and not have Josh watching my every move.

He kissed my neck and I knew he was happy. "We can go look at a few places so you can pick one."

"Okay." I remembered him agreeing to help me get in contact with Zuri so I decided to ask. "Did your friend get the chance to look into Zuri?"

"Him did fi link mi back from yesterday enuh but mi nuh hear nthn suh mi affi guh buzz him."

"Alright." I continued what I was doing and he eventually let go to go back and watch TV.
°°°°°°°°°°