THÎRTY FÍVÈ

"Mum, are you ready to go?" Zahra asked as she poked her head into the bathroom where I was fixing my hair

"Just give me a minute."

"I'll tell Dad." She withdrew her head but then popped it back in. "Are you guys fighting again?"

"It's nothing that you need to concern yourself with baby." I checked my reflection in the mirror making sure I was satisfied with how I looked and I looked okay enough which would have to work. "I'm ready."

"Okay. He's waiting in the car." I walked out of the bathroom behind her and grabbed my bag along with my shoes before following her out of the room.

We finally made it to the car where he had the car already running and I thought better of sitting up front next to him like I usually did.

I got into the backseat along with Zahra and I made eye contact with him in the rearview mirror for a split second before I looked away.

"Seatbelt." I snapped my seatbelt into place along with Zahra and once he saw that we did, he put the car in drive but he didn't pull out of the yard until one car with his bodyguards pulled out first and once he drove out, the other car pulled out after us.

If you didn't know and most people didn't, you'd think it was some big time politician or government official that was passing and sometimes I had to catch myself because my mind would spiral out of control with the thoughts of how I ended up with a man that could buy an island without batting an eyelash.

But all that glitters isn't gold and don't get me wrong because he was a good man, one of the sweetest people I had ever met who would do anything for me but there were sides to him that would make you give everything up just so you didn't have to deal with them.

We hadn't said two words to each other in a week and no we weren't broken up because neither of us had said it out loud. In truth and in fact, neither of us wanted to leave the other but I was just in an emotional state and I had said something that hurt him and it showed that it had cut him deep.

My phone started vibrating on my lap and I looked down at it to see that it was Mrs. Addler calling me, no doubt to check if we were on our way. I accepted the call and put the phone to my ear. "Hi, auntie."

"Hi sweetie, I was just calling to check if you guys have left out yet."

"We've left the house, we'll be there soon."

"Okay baby, you guys drive safe now."

"We will." The call cut and I placed the phone back on my lap. They were having their annual family reunion today and as badly as I didn't want to go, I was still a part of their family even if was just being friends with Amyra and being with Nasir.

I leaned back into my seat and closed my eyes, hoping to catch a nap before we got to our destination.
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

By the time I was introduced to all the uncles, aunt, cousins, inlaws and everybody an dem great grandparents, I was ready to go home.