FĪVË

Thursday
4:45 pm.
°°°°°°°°°°°

I walked into the house and saw Jamila watching TV in the living room

I walked into the house and saw Jamila watching TV in the living room. She had been icing me out for the past few days and I now felt like shit because I had been a big pussy hole to a girl that I didn't know who was important to both my sister and my cousin, and they were two of the most important women in my life.

"Mila?" She didn't answer and I sighed. "Jamila?"

"Weh yah call mi name fa?"

"Y yah deal wid mi suh rough yute? Mi tell yuh seh mi sorry bout wah gwaan, wah more yuh want mi fi duh?"

"Anuh me yuh need fi apologize tuh sir." I knew as much but in doing that, I was admitting that I was wrong and I hated being wrong but I needed their forgiveness.

"Suh gimme her number nuh suh mi can get in contact with her?"

"Yah fi figure dat shit out pan yuh own an if a me like Iyana, mi dash some stale piss pan yuh if yuh come a mi yard." Bomboclaat dawg, couldn't believe a mi sister a duh mi suh but mi nah guh seh nthn cause mi deserve it.

"Mi deserve dat." She kissed her teeth and turned up the TV so I knew the conversation was over. I made my way upstairs to my room and just as I was about to open the door my daughter stopped me.

"Dad?" My only daughter Zahra was seventeen and I was a single father because her mom decided from early on in her life that she didn't want to be a mom so I've had her since she was around two.

I tried my best but sometimes I felt like I had failed her as a father because I knew that a girl needed her mother and I was grateful to my aunts and my sisters who taught her everything she knew about being a young lady.

She never wanted for anything even though she wasn't a fussy child and I loved her with my whole soul.

"Yes princess."

"How was your day today?"

"It was good, how was school?" She was doing sixth form at the Ocho Rios high school before she went off to college and she wasn't sure where she wanted to go to college but the choice was hers whether she wanted to or not. I was happy so long as she was happy because not everybody wanted to go to college and if she didn't then that was okay too.

"It was alright."

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I just wanted to let you know that Miss Ebony is waiting for you in your room." I sighed and she gave me a thumbs ups before going back into her room and shutting the door.

Ebony was my on again, off again girlfriend and we were on now but for how long because it was always something with her.

She loved the expensive trips, the expensive gifts, the shopping sprees and the spotlight that came with her being with me. She always complained when it came time for me to spend time with Zahra and she would always have an excuse whenever I invited her out do something with us.