TWĘŃȚY ŇĮÑĘ

The reunion between Zuri and her sister was an emotional one to say the least and regarding the kids, even though they came from both sister's worst nightmare, Niameí loved her kids because after all, she was their mother regardless of who their f...

The reunion between Zuri and her sister was an emotional one to say the least and regarding the kids, even though they came from both sister's worst nightmare, Niameí loved her kids because after all, she was their mother regardless of who their father was.

I personally wouldn't be able to raise my rapist's kids but the situation was different because she didn't have a choice in the matter seeing as her life was on the line and the only reason she had probably not been killed along with her mother was because of the kids.

I guess you could call them her saving grace.

Nasir walked up to the bench I was sitting down on outside Niameí's hospital room and sat beside me. "Hey." He wrapped his arms around me and pulled my body into his.

"Hi."

"Are they okay in there?"

"Yeah."

"Are you okay?"

"I'm okay."

"Are you?" He sighed and I rubbed his knee.

"Mi gov man but just to give you a heads up, mi mek some arrangements wid a friend of mine fi mek dem guh stay wid her fi a while."

"But?"

"It is out of the country." I trusted his judgement but I didn't know how Zuri would take it, if she would be up for it. "Mi think it would a be a good idea fi dem get a new start somewhere else an yuh can always guh visit dem."

"You can talk to her about it."

"Mi aguh duh dat an mi can get dem outta di country by di latest next weekend."

"That's quick."

"I know but mi promise Niameí seh him wouldn't find dem again suh mi affi atleast try mi best an dis a di best it aguh get."

"Okay. Yuh wah guh in guh tell dem?"

"Yeah." We got up and walked to the door where he knocked before we went in. "Didn't mean to interrupt but I have a proposal."

"What is it?"

"How would you feel about leaving the country?" They both looked at each other before returning their attention to Nasir.

"Can you make that happen?"

"Yes, I can have you on a plane by the latest Saturday afternoon but only if you're interested."

"Until when?"

"Until wi find di wasteman and for however long after that you want to." Zuri looked down at her hands with a sigh. "It would be a good new start for the both of you."

"I know."

"But?"

"What about my mom?" There was that too and I wasn't trying to sound insensitive but their mom was already dead and they were alive so it made no sense to stay when they were on edge and would have to be looking over their shoulders every chance they got when they hadn't found Josh.