ŢWĘÑŤÝ

I sat across from Zuri in the break room at her job and she was a fidgeting mess as she kept looking around like she was expecting him to just burst in at any moment even though nobody could see us

"Hey. Hey." I called to her and she looked over at me. "Just try to relax."

"I'm sorry."

"I know you're scared and I want to help you to get away from him."

"I can't leave him, he has my mom and my sister locked up somewhere. I can't leave him or he'll kill them so I need to find them first." Your own worst enemy was sometimes the person you laid next to at nights.

"How long have you been with him?"

"Since I was fourteen and he was nineteen." She was a baby when dis big gray back bwoy look di ppl dem pickney. "Before you think that I accepted his advances, I didn't but he threatened me and my family so I had to. When he introduced himself to the family and mummy neva like it so she told him she was going to the police, that's when he kidnapped both her and my little sister. That was five years ago and I haven't set eyes on them since then so maybe they are dead and I'm holding on for nothing but I know it in my heart that they are still alive, they have to be."

She had tears streaming down her face and my heart ached for her because no one deserved to go through something like that at such a young age.

Josh was a sick and disgusting monster because him could a neva be a human being but then again, humans were some of the most vile and evil beings.

"I am so sorry." There was nothing else I could say that would ease her pain and end her suffering.

"I keep wondering how I am still alive because I have been beaten one too many times, raped more times than I can count, gotten pregnant and then beaten to the point of a miscarriage every single time. I know it is taking a toll on my body and if I do get away from him, I might not be able to have children but I would rather die than to continue his bloodline." I felt sick to my stomach because it was like I was reliving my abuse all over again but in the back of my mind, hers seemed way worse.

"I always knew something was weird about him and I even caught him outside my door masturbating."

"I didn't know that he was doing that even though he talked about you alot but the reason I tried to warn you to stay away from him was because I stumbled upon something in his secret room, he had dozens of pictures of you lining an entire wall that seem to date back to when you just moved in." My hand went to my mouth in shock. "Have you missed any of your underwear or clothes?"

Over the years, a few pieces of my clothes had gone missing but I didn't think anything of it because mi know ppl thief and if somebody did take it, I wouldn't see them wearing it because aside from Josh, I hadn't really seen much of my other neighbours.

"Yeah."

"He has a whole drawer of clothes that I assumed were yours including underwear because I saw the pictures." There was only one question I had and once she said yes then we could go from there.