ËLĒVÊÑ

Monday
6:15 pm
••••••••••••

Monday6:15 pm••••••••••••

"I can help enuh Nasir." I told him as I tried helping him take the bags of groceries out of the trunk but he swatted my hand away.

"Yuh know seh yuh hard a hearing tho Iyana."

"Sometimes mi feel like fi thump yuh inna yuh back enuh." He chuckled and I kissed my teeth before leaving him out there to carry all the bags by himself.

Hope him likkle finger sprain.

Since he was taking me home from work, I asked him to stop at the supermarket so I could pick up a few things because I knew he wouldn't drop me off and leave me.

He came into the supermarket with me hence why I ended up with so many bags and he quickly hid the receipt in his jacket pocket so I couldn't see how much money he had spent.

I opened the door when I saw him coming with the bags acting like they weighed nothing and knowing that if it was me, mi hand dem would a drop off. "Yuh couldn't tek mi bag outta di car fi mi?"

"Anuh u seh mi fi leave di bag dem an gwaan?"

"The grocery bags Iyana, not my bag cause if di clothes dem sleep inna di car, weh mi aguh sleep inna?" And before you start jumping to conclusions, it isn't what you think.

He didn't want me staying here by myself and I couldn't sleep at night being here by myself so him sleeping here was just using one stone to kill two birds.

"Mi ave a shirt can lend yuh."

"Yuh mean my shirt?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." He shook his head and chuckled before walking past me into the apartment to put the bags down. "Please get my bag for me?" He was the one that wanted to baby me and didn't want me to lift a finger.

He went back to get our bags and once he was inside, I shut and locked the door because neither of us were going back outside for the rest of the night.

"What do you want for dinner?"

"Shit." It had completely slipped my mind that the gas done this morning while I was making breakfast.

"What?" He asked looking me up and down most likely checking if I was hurt.

"I didn't remember that the gas finished."

"Y yuh neva tell mi?" He pulled out his phone and unlocked it. "Weh yuh did a plan fi eat if mi neva deh here?"

"I would have figured something out." He shook his head before he dialed a number and put the phone to his ear.

"Yo Zeke, hope mi nuh buzz yuh wen it too late." I walked into the kitchen and his eyes were following my every move. "Oh good, need yuh fi deliver a 30lb fi mi an mi will pay extra if yuh can maths it up fi mi quick quick." He took the phone from his ear for a couple seconds to type something before putting it back to his ear. "Mi just send yuh di address suh mek mi know wen yuh close by suh mi can meet yuh outta di gate." He ended the call before turning to me. "Yuh fi mek mi know dem likkle ting yah enuh suh mi can set some things in place weh yuh nuh run out a smthn like all gas."