SĪXTÉÉÈÑ

Monday
4:57 pm
°°°°°°°°°°°

I sat in the car waiting for him to come back and I honestly wanted nothing more than go home and lay down

I sat in the car waiting for him to come back and I honestly wanted nothing more than go home and lay down. He wanted me to accompany him to Zahra's school because she got into some trouble and truth be told, I didn't want to be here with him.

I was afraid of what I would see and I didn't want to have a repeat of a few nights ago.

The back left passenger side door opened and Zahra got in before slamming the door. "Evening."

"Hi sweetie. Are you okay?" I asked and I heard her huff before the driver's side door opened and he got in. "Zahra?"

"I don't want to talk about it." If she wanted to tell me then she would when she was ready. "Can we go already?"

"It betta yuh nuh open yuh mouth enuh."

"What happened?" I asked and he looked at her before shaking his head.

"Mi wah u tell me y Zahra deh a school a fight den turn round a disrespect har teacher."

"Suh mi should a stand up mek dem kill mi? Mi nah mek no gyal beat me up, afta mi nuh look like eediat an Miss James bright bout uncultured swine." It was my first time hearing her say so many words in patios.

"Yuh si dah mouth deh weh yuh ave, yuh need fi put a lock pan it cause it aguh put yuh inna problem."

"I said nothing wrong Daddy so why are you upset?"

"Yuh feel like yuh should a tell yuh teacher seh yah nuh more uncultured swine dan har man an har pickney dem?" He shouldn't be upset because Zahra was his own twin, through and through. "Certain tings yuh must mek pass yuh bredda an mi tell yuh bout dah jumpy behavior deh, yah fi learn fi walk weh from ppl my lord, not fi ur safety but fi dem own."

"A from mi inna grade 11 Shanee a pick pan me and Krissy enuh Daddy. Mi walk out dis girl how much time but today she crossed the line when she poured her juice all over Kris." For that she deserved to get her ass beat and I'm glad she handled herself well.

"Yuh should a tell somebody."

"Miss James a one a di one dem weh mi mek complaint to but it seems like Shanee ave secret fi har."

"Enough Zahra, yuh still deh pan punishment."

"Fine." He could talk to her but he didn't need to punish her and I would say something but it wasn't my place to because she wasn't my child.

"Put on yuh seatbelt an mi nuh wah hear another word outta yuh til wi reach home." She huffed before putting her seatbelt on and he did the same before starting the car.
°°°°°°°°°°°°
8:15 pm.

"Mi know yuh still upset Iyana but wi ave a reservation fi 8:30 an a 8:15 now suh hurry up please?" I knew that I fucked up the other night and I had been trying my hardest to get back into her good graces but she had been keeping me at arm's length. "Yuh wah mi call an cancel?"