TWĖŅTÝ FÖŮR

I picked up my phone when it vibrated signaling a notification and when I checked it, my jaw fell to the floor

I picked up my phone when it vibrated signaling a notification and when I checked it, my jaw fell to the floor. It was a notification from my online banking company that half a million dollars had been transfered to my account.

I had to get over the initial shock first before I went to check to see who it was from because people didn't just get up and give someone half a million dollars just like that.

The money was from Torei but why was she sending me money and how did she even get my account info?

I went to my call log and dialed her number but it went straight to voicemail so I tried it again but it still went straight to voicemail. I got up and left the office to go find Nasir so hopefully he was back from his meeting already.

Knocking on his office door, I waited impatiently for him to reply but he took a little bit longer than I would've liked him to. "Come in." I pushed the door open and went in to see that he wasn't alone.

"I can come back if you're busy."

"Niveah was just leaving but you two haven't been introduced as yet." He stood up from his chair and came around to stand in between the both of us. "Iyana this is my assistant Niveah."

"Nice to meet you." She said as she held out her hand for a handshake which I took. "I heard that you're one of our new supervisors in HR."

"I am and it was nice to meet you too." It was in fact not that nice to meet her but let's pretend.

"I'll leave you to it then." She rubbed his arm and I tilted my head slightly in confusion but he didn't seem to be noticing what was happening because he was too busy staring me down. "Let me know when you're done here so we can go over your schedule for tomorrow." In every movie or book there was, it always had to be the fucking secretary, why?

"Alright." She smiled and left the room before he said anything. "Who tell yuh seh yuh can come outta di house looking so good?"

"Yuh couldn't just si mi an nuh si mi?"

"Anuh dat, dig out mi eye dem."

"U an yuh secretary buddy buddy tho?" He looked at me out of the corner of his eyes and kissed his teeth.

"Anything yuh ave inna yuh brain, yuh betta try tek it out."

"How u know wah me ave inna my brain?"

"Mi know dah look deh suh yuh try nuh badda wid it."

"That's not what I came here for." I opened the phone and held it up to him.

"Rich an nah talk, gimme a ting nuh nuh babes?" I hit him on the arm because he played too much. "Look how di lady a beat mi up."

"Babe just be serious fi once nuh?"

"Yuh call her?"

"Yeah but it guh straight a voicemail."