TĒÑ

Thursday
4:47 pm
°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I had been at Nasir's house for about three days and it wasn't like I didn't want to go home because I did but he said he still didn't feel safe having me there by myself and I was low-key glad because I would never get an ounce of sleep if I did ...

I had been at Nasir's house for about three days and it wasn't like I didn't want to go home because I did but he said he still didn't feel safe having me there by myself and I was low-key glad because I would never get an ounce of sleep if I did go back there.

Neither Amyra nor Jamila knew that I was here even though I had heard Jamila in and around the house.

My excuse to them was that I needed a few days to myself so they wouldn't stop by my apartment but I made sure to keep in contact with them via text and voice calls to sell the lie.

While dozing off, I was startled by the door bursting open which further added to the headache that I was having.

"Iyana, was that you?" Nasir asked from the bathroom and I sat up in the bed to see what the commotion was about only to see a girl standing by the door.

"Who are you?" She asked with her face scrunched up making me look her up and down.

"Yuh nuh supposed to deh yah suh Ebony suh weh yah duh yah?" He asked as he walked out of the bathroom with a towel, drying his hair.

"So this is the bitch that you left me for?"

"Doh mek mi diss yuh Ebony cause mi sure yuh nuh si nuh dog in yah."

"I didn't believe it when they told me that they saw you with some lowlife so I had to come see for myself." He laughed but I didn't know if he was laughing because he found what she said funny or at the fact that she had said something like that.

"Yuh si if yuh nuh wah mi get dawk inna dis, it serve yuh best if yuh leff mi place an leff mi key dem wen yah cut."

"That's how it is now?"

"Yah pass yuh place an if wi really check di levels, yah di lowlife inna di equation cause ooman fi wah work an ave dem owna tings, smthn yuh nuh wah duh." He kissed his teeth and shook his head with a chuckle. "Beauty is only for a time suh if yuh nuh step up, yah guh get leff cause yuh pretty looks nah guh get yuh everything yuh want fi di rest a yuh life."

"Wow Nasir, I can't believe you really said that to me."

"Put dung mi key dem an gwaan or mi mek security throw yuh out." She huffed before she dropped the keys on the floor and stormed out but not before giving me a death glare.

Yuh si how mi leff mi yard an come mek dis girl ave mi up fi man.

He picked up the keys and walked over to the door before shutting and locking it.

"I can go enuh cause mi nuh wah fi a cause nuh problem." I threw the blanket off my legs and made a move to get out of the bed.

"Yuh nuh seh yuh head a hurt yuh an yah guh sleep?" He asked completely ignoring what I just said about leaving but I shouldn't have expected any less.