💛30💛

I winced, gripping the desk in front of me as my mother tightened the corset she forced me into "Betrothed before your ball, you finally manage to do something right" Walburga said with a sneer, tightening the corset even more. I took a deep breath, or as much as I could for the time being as I was forced into a seat, Mother in front of me as she put way too much makeup on me "I suppose I've done all I can to make you at least look presentable" Walburga said off handedly, leaving kreacher to help Lyra get dressed

 I took a deep breath, or as much as I could for the time being as I was forced into a seat, Mother in front of me as she put way too much makeup on me "I suppose I've done all I can to make you at least look presentable" Walburga said off handedl...

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Presenting Sirius Orion Black" the announcer called, I calmed my nerves, giving a silent prayer that Sirius would behave for the night "Presenting, Heiress Lyra Walburga Black" I put on my "Lady" smile and entered the room

I stopped on the second flight of stairs as I felt my mate coming closer, "Presenting Lord and Lady Lovegood along with their Son heir Lovegood, betrothed of heiress Black" the announcer said, I smiled at the pair before Xeno offered me his hand, ...

I stopped on the second flight of stairs as I felt my mate coming closer, "Presenting Lord and Lady Lovegood along with their Son heir Lovegood, betrothed of heiress Black" the announcer said, I smiled at the pair before Xeno offered me his hand, helping me down the last of the steps "are you alright? " he whispered as we walked "My mother is of the opinion that I don't need air, the corset under this dress is seriously damaging my air supply" I whispered, taking a shallow breath, I'd rather get crucio'd then be put through this again "can it be taken off easily?" He asked worriedly before both of us fell silent, having stopped in front of my family "Thank you all for coming to the 13th birthday ball for my heiress and her brother, let the dancing commence" Grandfather said, while the music started "May I have this dance, my love? " Xeno asked "Of course" I said, accepting his hand as he lead me to the dance floor. " No this can't be taken off unless the dress is off, and I'm not allowed to leave the ball till everyone's gone" I whispered, answering his earlier question,  "Sirius looks annoyed" Xeno whispered before twirling me, showing me the rather grumpy face of my brother "He better be on his best behavior, I think mother might be trying to find a bride for him" I replied, bowing slightly as the song ended "can I steal my sister for a dance? " Aquila asked "Of course, I need to speak to my mother" Xeno said with a smile.

"How are you doing Cub? " I asked worriedly "I'm ok, just a bit frightened that I'll be 13 in a couple of years" Aquilla admitted " it'll be ok sweetie, I'm sure by then, you'll have someone that you like, if not, I'll protect you" I said, squeezing her arm in reassurance.

----------------------------------------

"Ready to go? " I asked, tying my boots "yes, batty is going to meet us there" Aquilla said excitedly as we shadowed to an Alley close to the Leaky cauldron "there he is! " Aquilla said excitedly, rushing over to hug her cousin "everyone ready? " I asked getting nods, smiling I led the way to Mason Bertaux. "hello again, what would you like this time? " the waiter asked once we sat down "I'll take a mocha, strawberry tart and a cheese and ham croissant" I said, "I'll take a hot chocolate, And Macaroons please" Barty asked "Hot chocolate and a cheese cake please" Aquilla asked. "What are we going to do? " barty asked curiously "after this, we're going to go to the cinema and watch some Christmas movies, then go to the park to go Sledding" I said.

--------------

"Scrooge, Santa Claus is comin to town, the juggler of Notre Dame, and the house without a Christmas tree" I said, looking at the different showings "can we get Popcorn, and candy, and soda? " Barty and Aquila asked over each other "Yes, now let's go" I said, a small smile on my face, enjoying the kids getting to be kids.

-------------------------------------------------------

Until next time my pups

• Mischief Managed•