♦️1:7♦️

(even though they figure out what's going on, nothing will be done about it until after Sirius runs away during the yule break in 1974{their 4th year})
~~~~~~~~~~~~~---------------

I blinked, before blinking again, my mouth moving but no sound came out, I could only stare at my cousin as he put on an absurd, even for him, show, taking a quick look at lily showed that james was going to be making a trip to the hospital wing very soon "so, what do you say lilyflower?" James asked, the same glazed look in his eyes, that unsettled me for some reason I can't think of. "No" lily said embarrassedly, looking around at the glitter and other things spread across the hall, seeing james about to open his mouth, I stood up and dragged lily away with me, our friends quickly following suit. "I'm sorry about that lils, I don't know what is wrong with him" I apologized "that's something I've been thinking about" Bellatrix said as we entered the room "what bella?" I asked as I took a seat "Molly, James and Sirius have started  to change since coming to Hogwarts, Arthur, and Sapphirine also changed some what but the twins hung out with her and she went back to normal " Bellatrix spoke.

I sat forward "what do you think it is?" Lily asked concerned "I do not know, there are a few things that come to mind with personality changes" Bellatrix spoke "Compulsions and Potions" I said in disgust, ready to venhemently deny the very idea when my mind went over the past few weeks. I cursed venhemently in french, German making it's way in aswell "do I want to know?" Marlene asked "let's say, all of it would cause detention for a month" Andromeda said, her own anger quickly making an appearance. "Who could have done it?" Peter aaked timidly "it'd have to be someone in the castle, someone that can maintain the compulsions " Severus said "an Adult, regardless of the elder students none of them have the ability, much less the balls to try an do that to the Potter heir and The black's secondary heir " Narcissa said, thinking it over  "a teacher" Malfalda said in a horrified voice "the only one I can think of is Dumbledore" I said raising my head to stop them from arguing "it's not the heads of house, sprout would never do it, Flitwick's too noble to do that, SlugHorn for all of his questionable things, he truly care for the students, Minnie's James's godmother, it goes against her godparent vow to do so" I explained "the other teachers hardly react with first years which means, Dumbledore is the likely culprit" Marlene added shocking the rest of us.

"Here's the thing, how are they being administered?" mary asked "and why aren't we affected?" Dorcas added "the wards" Caspian answered causing all of us to look at him "the headmaster has access to Hogwarts's wards, he could add or take away anything aside from what the founders had, it would easy for him to add loyalty charms and the like " Caspian explained "it would barely effect slytherin's as Salazar was known for being paranoid, the Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw hardly matter to him but he'd still put in charms to ensure they don't turn against him " Narcissa added "Sapphirine became immune due to the experiments the twins do, However everyone seems in someway affected by Compulsions in Gryffindor except You guys" Andromeda added.

"We only noticed it because of the difference they made to people we grew up with, the foods probably laced aswell " Bellatrix mused "that doesn't explain why we aren't affected though " Alice said pointing to the Gryffindor bunch. My mind went over the possibilities of what it could be "the red head is a natural protector" vix said causing my eyes to widen slightly as my mind went over everything I knew about them ' Natural protectors could block all mind attacks as well as attacks against the core, those they deemed close confidents were safe aswell '. "I have a theory but it's going to take testing" I stated, knowing I couldn't just admit who told me "what is it?" Peter asked curiously "have any of you felt a bout of dizziness before it disappeared, a moment where you felt slytherin's where evil but it quickly left?" I asked instead getting nods or affirmatives from the group aside from Lily "lils do me a favor, I want you to think and believe that Marlene isn't a friend for a moment, that she's not nice to you" I instructed.

Lily did as told and the effect was immediant, Marlene got a glazed look in her eye and a sneer started forming on her lips "Lily, stop pretending, think about how much you cherish Marlene's friendship" I instructed watching as it disappeared. "What did that prove?" Severus asked "she's a Protector" Bellatrix breathed out in awe, followed by the rest of the purebloods gaining an awed and disbelief look on thier faces  "a what?" Lily asked "a protector, it's an extremely rare ability, your immune to any mind attacks as well as harmful potions and Compulsions, those you consider friends are protected by you from the same thing. It's why their not affected, sadly those that already are won't be able to be freed by anything other then a Cleansing ritual " I explained and thats how the odd group spent their weekend, searching for the best way to help their fellow classmates
------------------------------------------------------------------
Until next time my pups

• mischief managed •