s3-The box that went boom-Pt.1

The morning light streamed through the windows of the cozy cabin, casting a warm glow over the kitchen as Beth and Spencer began their day. Beth moved about the kitchen, the aroma of freshly brewed coffee mingling with the scent of Spencer's cereal.

Spencer's innocent voice broke the morning silence as she spoke to Beth. "Mommy, I'm glad you don't have to work anymore. Now we get to spend more time together."

Beth paused for a moment, her heart swelling with affection for her daughter

Beth paused for a moment, her heart swelling with affection for her daughter. Leaning on the breakfast bar, she reached out to gently stroke Spencer's cheek. "Me too, baby. Me too." she replied, her voice soft with emotion.

As Beth reached for another cup of coffee, the sound of footsteps on the porch drew their attention. Spencer's face lit up with excitement as she recognized the familiar footsteps. "Daddy!" she exclaimed as Rip walked through the door.

With a tired but affectionate smile, Rip made his way over to Spencer, who eagerly pulled out a chair for him at the breakfast bar

With a tired but affectionate smile, Rip made his way over to Spencer, who eagerly pulled out a chair for him at the breakfast bar.Rip greeted Spencer with a kiss on the top of her head, his tired eyes softening at the sight of his daughter. "Morning, cub," he said affectionately.

"You had a long night," Beth observed, walking over to Rip and pressing a gentle kiss to his lips.

"Yeah," Rip admitted, rubbing his eyes.

Spencer wasted no time in offering Rip a cup of coffee, her small hands wrapping around the mug as she presented it to him with a sweet smile. "Thank you, sweetie," Rip said gratefully, accepting the coffee with a nod of appreciation.

Beth turned her attention back to Spencer,  "Hey, P, did you brush your teeth?" she asked, her tone gentle but firm.

Spencer hesitated for a moment before sheepishly admitting, "Yes?"

Beth crossed her arms, a playful glint in her eyes. "Spencer Hope," she chided gently.

Rip chimed in, adding his own encouragement. "Go ahead now and listen to mama," he said, tapping her on the back. "Or you're gonna be stuck muckin out horse stalls today."

Spencer's eyes widened in alarm, and without another word, she hopped out of her chair and dashed off to the bathroom.

Now that Spencer had left the room, Beth couldn't shake the feeling that something was amiss. She leaned against the breakfast bar, her gaze fixed on Rip, her expression a mix of curiosity and concern.