s3-You are the trailer park. I am the tornado.

FLASHBACK

FLASHBACK

The sun hung low on the horizon as Jamie Dutton maneuvered the truck through the dusty roads of the Yellowstone ranch. A teenage Beth sat beside him, her face etched with a weighty concern. The revelation she was about to make loomed heavy in the air.

Beth turned to Jamie, her voice hesitant. "I need a favor."

Jamie scoffed, a hint of irritation in his tone. "I'm not spending my last day here watching you shop on Main Street."

Beth's eyes pleaded with her brother. "I need your help, Jamie. I'm in trouble."

A skeptical frown creased Jamie's forehead. "Who's the father?"

Beth tightened her lips, refusing to disclose the name. "That's none of your business."

An exasperated sigh escaped Jamie. "It is absolutely my business."

Beth snapped back, "No, it's my business!"

"What difference does it make?"

Jamie's concern deepened as they continued their drive. The tension hung thick in the air, the weight of the unspoken secret heavy between them.

The truck rolled to a stop in front of Indian Health Services. As they prepared to face the consequences of their clandestine journey, Beth reached out, gripping Jamie's hand for support. Jamie finally broke the silence, his voice a weary exhale. "Let me go figure this out."

Jamie approached the reception desk where a woman named Ellen awaited. Ellen raised an eyebrow. "You're white. There's a Planned Parenthood in Billings. Take her there."

Jamie resisted. "I can't. Everyone will know."

Ellen assured him, "It's anonymous. Nobody will know."

Jamie countered handing her his Drivers License, "Everyone will know."

Undeterred, Ellen disclosed a critical detail about the clinic's policy. "Listen. You don't want to do this here. A requirement of patients receiving an abortion at this clinic is sterilization."

Jamie processed the information and acknowledged, "Understood."

Returning to the truck, Jamie hesitated to share the news with Beth. As they entered the clinic together, the gravity of their decision settled over them.

Inside the clinic, Jamie and Beth navigated the unfamiliar terrain, facing a reality neither of them had anticipated. The weight of their secret intensified as they grappled with the consequences.

Later, the truck carried them back to the ranch, the unspoken burden lingering in the air.

The scene shifts to a familiar knocking, Rip answers the door, his voice cuts through the silence. Beth's expression, though masked with a facade of normalcy, betrayed the sadness she carried.