I'm no snitch

Spencer Hope had grown into a spirited four-year-old, a ray of sunshine at the Yellowstone Ranch. She had a boundless curiosity and an infectious laughter that brightened the lives of everyone around her. While Beth and her grandpa John spoiled her with love and attention, her dad Rip introduced her to the world of ranching, allowing her to try her hand at the work alongside the other cowboys.

One day, as the cowboys and Spencer were rounding up cattle on horseback, an accident occurred. Spencer accidentally slipped from her horse, landing with a thud on the ground and spraining her ankle in the process. Rip and John exchanged worried glances but decided to encourage her to walk it off. They knew they'd face Beth's wrath if anything happened to their beloved little ranch helper.

With a brave face, she continued with her work and everyone returned to the ranch. Beth was waiting on the porch, her eyes scanning over the returning group. Little Spencer, determined not to disappoint or worry her mom, tried to hide the limp in her step. Everyone knew how much Beth worried about Spencer riding horses. But Beth, always attuned to her daughter, knew something was amiss.

 But Beth, always attuned to her daughter, knew something was amiss

Kneeling to Spencer's level, Beth spoke gently. "Sweetheart, if something's bothering you. You won't get in trouble for telling me the truth."

Spencer, looking torn, whispered, "I'm no snitch, Mama."

Rip and John couldn't help but exchange amused glances at Spencer's response. Beth, undeterred, leaned in closer to her daughter. "Alright, sweetheart. I guess the cookies Gator made for the snitches will have to go to someone else."

Spencer hesitated for only a moment before she caved, her eyes welling up with tears. "Okay, Mama, I'll tell you."

Beth listened as Spencer recounted the incident, her heart aching for her daughter. She reassured Spencer that she wouldn't be in trouble and that they would take care of her ankle. "Alright Spencer, go grab yourself a cookie, I'll be right in." After sending Spencer inside, Beth turned to Rip and John with a stern look.

"Rip, Daddy, we need to have a little chat."

As they walked away from the porch, Beth's tone was stern but laced with concern for their daughter. It was clear that Spencer had a heart as big as the Montana sky, and Beth was determined to make sure she was safe while also nurturing her adventurous spirit.