Chapter 33: The Overseer of Order

Order Stringer: pallet: Maki Hoso

"My hatwed of Maki steams fwom my hatwed of Unagi. That being: These two awe so wovey-dovey! He confuses me the most! He can bawely see, has poow vision because of his job, he went fwom a happy boy from Cawamawi County to a neaw-sighted modew... Yet he's happy with it? He smiwes a wot fow someone suffewing so much, just like that Manta fwom Bankawa!" - Smollusk

"Ah, Tri-stringers are so fun once you get the hang of it, dare I say it rivals the charger class!" -Marina

"How many more Toni Kensa Models did Smollusk kidnap?" - Pearl

"Well... this answers my question from eariler." - Acht

"..." - Purah

"Are you okay, Purah?" Acht asked.

"hm... yeah..." Purah replied quietly.

"You sure? Ever since our previous lap to the spire control room you've been really quiet."

"Well..." Purah began. "I've been thinking about what Keygen said... about the fallen Octolings."

"Honestly that's been on my mind too..." Marina replied. "That purification gel TarTar was going to use to wipe out sea-kind was... at least it appeared to be... blended Octarians..."

"Makes me wonder how many Octarians were used..." Acht thought to themself.

"Since Eight was subject 10,008, and seeing how many Octolings went free but ended up like...me... It's a scary number to thing about."

"Did all subjects get completely sanitized besides Eight?" Marina asked.

"...I think so..." Acht replied as they looked at their hands.

"Were you both... test subjects?" Marina asked reluctantly. Acht remained silent.

"Test subject 8,888." Purah admitted. Marina stood silently for the rest of the ride.

"Do you have an answer yet, little man?" Pearl asked Smollusk on the top floor as Marina snuck off with the next pallet.

"You guys gotta stop wushing me aww the time! It's a big thing to think about! I need mowe time! I need mowe TIIIIIME!!!!" Smollusk began to scream. Marina hurried with the reconfiguration and the group escaped the tower before Smollusk could transform.

"Maki!" Unagi shouted as her and Maki reunited. They hugged, not letting each other's go for a long time.

"Aw, how sweet!" Alison smiled. Tord smiled as well, jealously.

"Anyway, Heimdal. How many pallets are still in the Memverse that you have to save?" Tord asked.

"I'm not sure, I can ask and get back to you on that." Heimdal replied. "I have to be halfway by now. It's hard cause I'm working alone.

"I don't blame you." Tord sighed. "I know the feeling. Between you and me, these guys don't get how it feels working alone. I worked alone...." Tord trailed off.

"I remember that. But you had the Squid Sisters." 

"I mean yeah they saved me when Keygen ambushed me. But..."

"What?" Heimdal asked.

"I don't want to talk about it right now..." Tord said coldly.