Chapter 25: Octo Connect! Re: Drive

It was dark, even though he couldn't see, Heimdal tried to put out their arms to feel around the darkness he was trapped in, but then they realized they couldn't move. He was completely paralyzed. Overwhelmed, he began to panic, he felt great sadness, contradicting his own thoughts, his own memories, slowly feeling himself get taken over, like someone was overriding him in his own body. His mind was beginning to get overtaken by voices of thousands of Octolings; crying, laughing, singing, nostalgic moments of the past that already clung to him like a crab's claw, but now as a 4d reimagining. He felt his body get jostled, the voices getting overtaken by another; "Eight, wake up Eight! please be okay!"

Heimdal eventually reawakened.

"Hey! Speak to me!" Marina said worryingly. Heimdal sat up. "Oh, thank goodness you're okay!" Heimdal sat up.

"Yo! whaddup!" Pearl said. She was back to her normal self. "So uhm... I can see a lot better now that... You're not Eight... are you?"

 are you?"

"No..." Heimdal replied. 

"But, you did save me. Thank you." Marina smiled. "I feel like I've seen you before thought."

"So did I." Acht said as they walked over to the group.

"Acht!" Marina gasped. "I'm so sorry!"

"For what?" Acht asked. 

Marina took out her laptop. "I've been working on this virtual world. I've called it the Memverse. The whole point of it was to help the sanitized Octolings trapped in the Metros. But it's gone horrible wrong, and now we're stuck here because of me... it's all my fault."

"Yo! you were trying to help people, who can blame you for that? It's not you made that order thing on purpose, right?"

"Right..." Marina replied. "But-"

"Then don't sweat it!" Pearl smiled. "We'll just simply stop Order from causing... uhm... Order? Chaos? Orderly Chaos? Chaotic Order?" 

Marina smiled. "I'll do what I can though to fix this as well." 

"Then let's go save the world! Team Chaos! WOOOO!" Pearl cheered.

"She so cool." Marina squealed.

"So uhm... what IS your name?" Pearl asked.

"Heimdal Kyo." Heimdal answered.

"Huh, cool name! But I think I'll call ya Neo Agent 8. Cause you REALLY look a lot like Eight." Pearl replied. Heimdal nodded. As they headed back to the tower, Heimdal noticed the lockers next to the tower.

"Oh, right, those." Marina began. "I'm picking up different palettes in those lockers. Each palette is connected to different people's souls. I'm picking up at least 11 palettes."

"11?!" Pearl shouted.

"Yup. It seems those duailes you have there is connected to Heimdal's pallet. And it seems the only way not only to stop Order but save Heimdal from this place is to reconfigure his palette at the top floor of the Order Spire here."

"It looks like the building is even higher, this may take a while." Pearl noted.

"It may, but it's gotta be done." Heimdal replied.

"Before we head off, Marina." Heimdal called out.

"Yes?" Marina turned as Acht and Pearl entered, leaving the two alone.

"You designed his whole place?" Heimdal asked. Marina nodded. "Even how... buried it all is?" they asked. 

Marina's smile faded as she turned around. "I made this place to help get everyone's memories back, but now... Because of Order... I don't know if I can reconfigure their memories in this state..." Marina entered the spire. 

Heimdal was confused. "In this state? What state?" Heimdal took a handful of the ash on the ground and strained it through their fingers. Through it he felt some nostalgia, but it felt like he was feeling someone else's happiness, someone else's sadness, someone else's frustration, he then realized what Marina meant.