Chapter 5: Mundane Authenticity

Unagi was working at a rapid pace. she cleared most areas is no time at all. bosses were no match for her speed. Marie was impressed, but still a bit shaky about this new recruit. She continued until the final Octoling base.

Unagi spent no time heading straight to the mini zapfish. suddenly, Unagi was shot. It was an ambush.

"Agent 4 be careful!" Marie shouted. Unagi looked down from her platform. Practically Spawn camping her circled four Octolings. "I swear this new wave of Octarians move so much like a hivemind."

"I must take them down

"I must take them down." Unagi muttered.

"But can you?" Mocked one of the Octolings. Unagi was enraged by this taunt, jumped down to attack, but was outnumber and splatted once again. This time upon respawn, Unagi was injured.

"Agent 4, can you do this on your own?" Marie asked, extremely concerned. Unagi didn't speak, she was completely dumbfounded. How could she get this far flawlessly and suddenly fumble? How could she get so close only to fall in near defeat so close to the finish line. she thought she was good enough, she thought she was strong enough.

"Why... aren't I strong enough?" Agent 4 asked quietly.

"You need support." Marie replied. Suddenly the respawn pad activated. An Inkling boy appeared.

"Who..." Agent 4 began.

"Agent 4.5." He winked.

"Point five?..." Agent 4 was confused but shook her head. "I can't do this alone."

"You don't have to." He reassured. The two of them attacked. Together they were able to counter the Octolings.

One of the Octolings growled. "PAPA! They're too powerful!" She yelled into her walkie talkie.

"Did that Octoling say 'papa'?" Marie asked.

"L....Leav...leave...Imm......ately!" A mysterious voice came through the radio waves.

"Who's there!" Marie shouted. As she did, a robot descended upon the duo. "no... It can't be..." Two of the Octolings hopped in the robot as Octavio himself showed his face to the agents.

"BWARHARHARHARHAR!" Octavio laughed. "Whaddup Octo-mind! Your supreme overlord is breaking it down. Breaking down these Inkling pests to a microscopic dust!"

"And this time!" The mysterious voice made herself know. "As a duet!"

"CALLIE?!" Marie shouted in surprise.