Chapter 12: Side Quest

Angel returned to the Metros, she wasn't as lucky as Purah because of the number of times she'd managed to hit her head in the span of 2 years. She came back to the station. At the end of the station were lockers, she felt the answers were locked away, she approached to see that one appeared to be opened by force. She opened it, and inside was a singular Golden Toothpick.

Within her own mind...

Angel found herself in an arena, she recognized where she was, it was just her, and Agent 3. There was no crowd, there was no Octavio, just them.

"Don't just stand there." She heard in her head, and immediately Agent 3 charged at her. Their battle resumed.

The two were equal matches for each other, throughout the caverns of the arena Angel heard the Calamari Inkantation reverberating from every direction. Agent 3 left a giant blow to Angel's head; he was playing dirty. With the blow, Angel felt like a memory slipped. The stakes of this fight were different. If this Agent 3 wins, then all her work collecting the Mem Cakes will mean nothing, she'll lose everything.

Angel fought back the best she could, she moved to the beat of them music, she ran at Agent 3, and aim straight at his chest, shooting him back, damaging his armor. He stumbled backwards before almost falling off the edge of the arena as Angel did long ago. Angel caught him before he fell. As she held his hand, reality shifted back as Agent 3 faded into the Golden Toothpick she collected. Angel put the toothpick in her hair, somehow, the world looked clearer to her.

At the edge, there's a part of me I wouldn't let go.

It attacked my soul, and who I am,

But it's a part of my part that built me too.

Moving forward is hard but is of nescessity to florish.