Chapter 13: Bankara Craters

Part 3: Splatoon 3

Concluding the construction of Hammerhead Bridge, Inklings from Greater Inkopolis could now travel to the Splatlands.

The Splatlands made up the boarder of Splatsville, a small city that preached Anarchy and discord. Despite that, the place was relatively calm. Within the remote part of the desert emerged an inkling. She traveled on foot through the Splatlands with nothing but a bag of personal necessities and in toe her only friend: a Smallfry named Masaba. But today marked the day she was ready to go to the city on her own with Masaba. She exactly approached the train station. She hopped on the train as it departed to Splatsville.

"This is it Masaba. Our new life starts today!" She smiled to her friend, Masaba bounced up and down in excitement.

A jellyfish conductor came over and took their tickets. "Alison Tenka? and... Masaba as a pet carry-on?"

"That's us!" Alison smiled. The Jellyfish punched the ticket and returned it. The Two excitedly waited as the train continued to their destination.

"Splatsville." Alison smiled. "We're here! Thing of all the fun things we can do together!" Masaba looked around excitedly, then suddenly he stopped before speeding off. "Masaba!" Alison yelled as she chased Masaba down the street. An Octoling patrolling the street say Alison chasing Masaba up and down the allies.

He ran up next to her. "I can catch it!" He said as the two saw Masaba leap into an open manhole. The two rushed over and jumped in after him.

When they popped out the other side, Alison jumped finally caught Masaba in the air, falling on her face with Masaba in her hands above her.

"Are you okay?" The Octoling asked. Alison set Masaba down and nodded. The Octoling began to help her up before a mysterious stranger approached.

"Quite a flight she just took there." He joked. "Greetings you two, er, you three. I'm Craig Cuttlefish. I'm the Captain of the Squidbeak Splatoon... or I was." The Octoling tipped his shades. "You see, I'm retired now, and I passed off the ol' cap to a younger youngling. 'Round your age." Alison picked up Masaba, they looked around confused. "Oh, I should probably tell you what this place is. This is The Crater. A massive well em.... a massive crater. Here is where I've set up my outpost. You see, again, the great Zapfish has disappeared."

"Yes, it disappeared this morning." The Octoling confirmed. "I wonder why it keeps vanishing."

"Well, the last two times were both because of The Octarian army. I have no doubts Octarians were behind it again." The Octoling again tipped his shades at Craig. "I need help getting it back. Do you think you'll be able to help?"

"I don't k-" The Octoling began.

"I will!" The starry-eyed Inkling replied. Masaba bounced in excitement.

"Fine..." The Octoling added.

Craig smiled. "Then from here on you will be known as Agent 3." He announced as he handed a hero suit to Alison. "And Agent... 3.5" He handed the uniform to the Octoling.

"Point five? phhff..." He muttered.

"Now I need to warn you two... This weird fuzzy ooze has infested The Crater, so be careful, I wouldn't recommend touching it. " The two agents looked at the wall of fuzz. Masaba started, eyes wide, looking very hungry. Masaba jumped up and ate a ball of the fuzzy ooze that was triple the small fish's size, having to expand his entire body as he rapidly digested the ooze. The two agents stared mortified. "Someone should get him a toothpick for that Fazuyaki." Craig laughed. The two looked back at Craig unamused. "But more seriously, there's a lot more fuzzballs around." The two agents heeded Craig's warning as they took Masaba and ran off. "Oh wait... I forgot to ask their names... oh bother..."

The three entered the first kettle in their track. "Actually, what IS your name?" Alison asked.

"Me?" The Octoling asked. "Oh, we haven't even formally spoken yet. My name is Taka Kōkotsu. And you are?"

"Alison Tenka. And this is Masaba." Alison replied.

"Rare to see a friendly salmonid." Taka remarked.

"He's a good boy." Alison smiled. "He got lost near the streams of the outer Splatlands. And we've been friends since."

"Is that so? Intriguing." Taka replied. "Anyway, aren't we on a mission, no point wasting time."

"Right right." Alison smiled as the two hurried off, they hurried along the underground base until...

"Oh my-" Taka gasped.

"Is it just me or is that Octarian lacking... well... luster?"

"Lackluster Octarians, something isn't right..." Taka replied. Indeed, the Octarians before were now... fuzzy. The two continued and took down the Octarians to progress until the end.

The agents continued until they reached the center of the crater. Just then, they felt the earth tremble as a new giant robot appeared.

"Octaviooooooo!!!!!!" Craig shouted.

"Cuttlefiiiiiiiiiiiiiish!!!!" Octavio shouted back. "I know it was you, so don't even bother playin' dumb! You snatched the remainder of my army! Hand them over geezer!"

"GEEZER?! We're the same age?????"

"No more talk!" Octavio shouted as a vacuum nozzle appeared in the robot. It began to pull Taka and Alison before Masaba was whisked away and got caught in the nozzle, jamming it critically. "OYE! KAMABOZO! GET OUTTA MY NOZZLENOSE!" Octavio shouted as the robot began to malfunction and explode.

Masaba escaped the vacuum as Octavio crashed into the bottom of the crater. "Alright Octavio, where do you got the Zapfish hiding?"

"What are you talking about? I didn't take it." Octavio replied. Before any more questions could be asked, the ground again rumbled, this time the crater crumbled as everyone fell deep below ground. "AH! Agents! Something's got me! HEEEEEEEELP!!!!!!!"