Chapter 16: Utsubo no Karaage (Modanmikkusu)

"Section 2 is cleared." Agent 3.5 reported. "All that's left is that kettle there were the signal seems to be the strongest."

"That must be where the metal scrap might be." Agent 3 smiled. The two, with Masaba, entered the final kettle.

The two of them found themselves in the middle of a large arena. before stood a solidary large Octostomp, which appeared to be hollowed out and lifeless. They saw someone standing on top of the Octostomp, she jumped off and landed in front of Agent 3 and 3.5. 

"Well, well, well." Frye said to them. "You found me, but can you defeat me?"

"C'mon, what use do you have for a giant piece of metal?" Agent 3.5 asked.

"I could ask ya the same." Frye replied. "But I don't have'ta answer that. Instead, how about we see who can best the other in combat."

"That doesn't seem fair at all." Agent 3 replied. 

"It's three versus one." Agent 3.5 smiled confidently.

Frye smirked. She leaped back onto the Octostomp as she revealed a flute, playing a few notes, the Octostomp became animated as a swarm of moray eels awoke from within the machine. "I'd say the odds are in my favor!" Frye redonned her mask as she began to dance upon the Octostomp. The eels became aggressive, almost as if Frye was controlling them with her movements. The two Agents began defending themselves from the giant fry of Frye's eels.

Agent 3 shot one which was wearing a mask, instead of popping, it launched right back at Frye, shaking the Octostomp and throwing off her dance. "Taka! The masked eels throw off Frye." Agent 3.5 nodded and aimed at another masked eel, which also hit Frye. The swirling swarm chased the two, but both took aim and hit more eels, launching them at Frye until the spinning Octostomp fell, knocking out Frye. Agent 3.5 went in and splatted her.

Frye respawned from within the Octostomp. "I'm not the type to give up, but that actually hurt a lot. You caused my eels a lot of pain. You may have bested me this time, but the rest of Deep Cut isn't gonna loose so easily, you'll see, you'll never get our treasure!" Frye revealed a smoke bomb, it exploded which launched Frye out of sight. The fry of eels all chased after her.

Before them, they found the first treasure. Agent 3 and 3.5 hoisted the object onto a cart and transported it back to Sector 2. "Well, that's one." Marie commented. "Cap'n is gonna make sure that Frye doesn't come back and try to take it with your backs turned, so don't worry about that." Agent 3 and 3.5 nodded in understanding and headed off top to the next sector.