Chapter 26: Dual Kewtie Pies

Order Dualies - palette: Heimdal Kyo

"I have no clue how or why Heimdal's palette was with me, but I'm very grateful it was." - Pearl

"Since everyone's palette weapons are set based on their favorite weapon class. You must be a dualies expert!" - Marina

"What are Dualies?" -Acht

"The Spire, I'd say it around 30 floors high now." Acht said. "What level are we even on now?"

"Level 10." Marina answered. "I detect a strong boss ahead. Please be careful Pearl and Heimy."

"Heimy?" Pearl asked.

"Well, I've been trying to think of a cute nickname for Heimdal. Heimdal is a hard name to think of nicknames for."

"Hmm... Oh I know!" Pearl said. "Kewpie!"

"Kewpie?" Heimdal asked.

"Well, your last name is Kyo, and you look a lot like Eight, and her name is Angel. So, I was thinking: 'Kyo Heimdal' 'Chikara Angel.' Then it hit me! 'Kewpie'!"

"I knew you really like mayonnaise but come on Pearlie!" Marina laughed. "Though mine sounded like I was calling them Ketchup brand."

"I think it has a nice ring to it." Acht commented.

"I'm fine with it." Heimdal replied.

"Okay Kewpie; good luck with whatever's ahead." Marina cheered.

Heimdal and Pearl entered the floor, riding the Cage Carrier over to the small battle arena. "What that up there?" Pearl asked. On the other side of the floor was an identical starting platform and cage. And there, 11 humanoid Jelletons spawned, each sporting their own hairstyle and weapon.

"They look just like..." Marina started before one of them started making their way over to attack Heimdal. "Kewpie! be careful!"

"Think of it like Turf War! Ink or sink Kewpie!" Pearl cheered. Heimdal shot down the first Jelleton. After it, two more came down and circled Heimdal. He fought back with splat bombs and Inkzooka, blasting them both.

"Hang in there, there's one more wave coming." Acht warned as all 11 Jelletons attacked at once. Completely swarmed, Heimdal fought back with his dualies, and one at a time with determination and power, he eventually defeated all 11.

Heimdal and Pearl returned to the Elevator. "Yo, is it just me or were those things lookin' a bit like some peeps I know..."

"I did a bit of digging. They appear to have been created by Order using the palettes we haven't collected yet. So, it seems the more palettes we get the more those things will disappear, apparently, they're called 'parallel canons'." Marina explained.

"I thought they seemed familiar." Heimdal commented. "Or at least some of them did."

"Especially that leading one, the one with the bangs." Pearl added. "Looked just like that Toni Kensa Model I see everywhere."

"Yeah... It really did..." Marina trailed off.

The group continued, beating floors, collecting chips, until they finally reached the 30th floor.

There, they were faced with Order.

"All life must follow order: for stability, for alignment, for a perfect world." Order stated.

"The truth is..." Marina began. "Change, even though it can be scary and sometimes on the surface can seem unnecessary, it IS necessary! Chaos can bring instability and install fear of tomorrow. But pure order doesn't solve anything! Chaos can create problems, but it can also bring exciting and something new! You can mix colors together and get mud, but sometimes you get a beautiful rainbow! And it's a gamble I'm willing to take!"