Chapter 1: The New Wave

Part 1: Splatoon

"Many years ago, a great tide came in and invaded our land. Grand infrastructure as what we have now... was not available. we were forced to fight for what we have today. So, now the new era is upon us. The army... The Squidbeak Splatoon were led by the great Kamis above to claim what is ours: For the Inkopolis squids above, or the whippersnappers over in Splatsville. Yet now I fear that... We may need more power. Some young blood that can save us now. I know out of all these mindless kids... At least one of them should be able to help me."

Cap'n Cuttlefish peered out from the sewer grate, figuring his human form would catch the eyes of at least one of the squids around him

Cap'n Cuttlefish peered out from the sewer grate, figuring his human form would catch the eyes of at least one of the squids around him. However, the bustling crowd made it hard for Cap'n to even be noticed. Cap'n Cuttlefish looked up at the great Kami statues above. In his head, he began to pray. "Please, let at least one of these kids be the one to help-"

Before he could finish his sentence, he heard the smack of a super jump landing, he looked over to see another inkling had arrived in the already overcrowded Inkopolis Plaza. He looked around his new environment, sporting only a headband and basic tee.

"Bah," Cap'n said to himself. "He ain't the one." Just then, His eyes locked with the green eyes of the boy. Cap'n ducked back into the sewers. "A boy fresh off the train, he ain't the one." Curious, the boy followed the old man into the sewer.

The boy emerged from the pipe in a whole new setting. "So, you decided to follow me, eh?" The boy looked over at the Cap'n. "You aren't nearly the champion I was hoping for." The boy stared blankly. "Eh, kids these days. Can't you say something instead of standing there as if a chum smacked ya silly?" The boy put up his hands defensively. "Listen here youngin'." Cap'n Cuttlefish dramatically turned his back to the boy. "A long time ago, a great war broke out, and it led to all Octarians fleeing here to Octo Valley. You see now, somehow, they've stolen The Great Zapfish, and because of it, it's harder for you kids to have clean energy that doesn't cause our ecosystem to become more shrouded in sea. I want you to search through this here vast land to find the Zapfish and save you town. It's a giant task, are you up for it?"

Cap'n Cuttlefish turned back around, expecting the boy to be gone

Cap'n Cuttlefish turned back around, expecting the boy to be gone. Instead, he was still there, standing upright, giving a valiant nod towards Cap'n Cuttlefish. Cap'n Cuttlefish raised his eyebrows. "In that case take this, it's a hand-me-down but I'm sure it'll fit you." The boy then donned a hero suit that the Cap'n had. "And from this moment forward you are now Agent 3 of the New Squidbeak Splatoon!" The boy's face lit up with pure joy and dashed off.

"Now before you go to save your city." Cap'n Cuttlefish began. The boy paused. "May I ask, Agent 3, what is your name?"

The boy smiled. "Torvald." He replied. "But everyone calls me Tord." And with that he dashed off.

"Torvald, hm?" Cap'n Cuttlefish smiled. "I hope you can prove that you can help us."

Agent 3 approached the first kettle. Entering, he found himself in a completely new senary; floating platforms he traveled from launchpad to launchpad. He was met face to face with an Ocatarian trooper. He looked for a moment and marveled it, he'd never gotten to see an Octarian before.

"What'cha just staring at it for?!" Cap'n yelled through Agent 3's headphones. Just then his and that Octarian's eyes met. It immediately attacked 3. "Be careful. The more tentacles an Octarian has, the smarter it is." 3 shot the Octarian dead-on. he continued through the platforms until finding a zapfish at the end.

Agent 3 returned back to Cap'n. "Very fine shooting. I can sense there is potential in you after all." Agent 3 smiled. "However, there's much more trials ahead... Do you still think you can find the Great Zapfish?"

"I have to." Agent 3 replied before running off again. Cap'n looked in surprise before smiling.