Chapter 27: Black, White, and Red of Order

"Kewpie, you came back!" Marina cheered as Heimdal remanifested. 

"I had to." Heimdal replied. "You said these palettes are linked to the souls of people trapped here, right?"

"Pretty much." 

"Well, it really wouldn't be fair if we got to leave while everyone stays missing."

"Now that's a hero!" Cheered Pearl. "We've saved the world, now let's save the peeps in it!" Heimdal took out the keys he collected, he opened the first few lockers and found the next pallet. 

"Hey, that's Agent 4's." Pearl commented. 

"I wouldn't be surprised if she was here. I asked her to be the security of the Memverse." Marina replied.

"That hot shot idol? I mean I guess that explains that Parallel Canon whatever it is from earlier." Pearl commented as she and Heimdal reentered the tower to meet up with Acht.

Order Shot - palette: Unagi Umami

"This is who Mawina wanted to be secuwity of the Memvewse? NO! I wefused to stand fow it! I won't stand fow no Chaos-wovew to be the watchwomen ovew ME! I wiww make suwe that she, and anyone who associates with hew, end up with the same fate she's befawen!" -Smollusk

"I hope Agent 4 is okay, I didn't mean for her to get affected by this too..." -Marina

"I'm sure when this is all over, she won't even say thank you! I worked with her once for a commercial for Toni Kensa, she's stubborn." -Pearl

"Everyone is really painting this Agent 4 as a spoiled idol; she can't be THAT bad. Take their word with an atom of salt until you actually meet her, Kewpie." -Acht

The group entered the elevator, going each floor until reaching level 10.

"Yo! 'Rina! It's those Parallel Canons from before." Pearl shouted.

"Wait, We have Agent 4's Pallet, why is the copy still here?" Marina asked herself in confusion. 

"My weapon..." Heimdal whispered.

"What's Up Kewpie?!" Pearl asked as the two landed in the center platform. Heimdal went silent. He took aim at the first one to land, his speed was lightning fast, and his aim was near perfect as he dashed around his enemies without issue. 

Round 2, same result. "Yo guys! Kewpie isn't acting like themself!" Pearl commented.

"I know." Marina responded. "I'm trying to figure out what it is." Before her diagnostic could be run, Heimdal had already taken out the rest of the canons, all but the agent 4 clone. Heimdal became strangely angered by the clone and the two dueled, almost seeming to mirror each other in combat, but Heimdal claimed the upper hand and took it down.

"That was lightning quick, you feelin' okay, Kewpie?"

"I'm getting things done." Heimdal replied. Pearl was startled by the sudden coldness in Heimdal's voice.

Riding up each floor, Heimdal entered Level 20. He entered the cage carrier; before them was a new dark arena, their opponent: a giant musical carousel. The carousel had gloopy faced on each layer.

"I'm picking up those faces are the weak points of the Asynchronous Rondo." Marina said. "But aim for the glowing layers!" 

Heimdal took aim, taking out the first glowing layer without problem. The Rondo began to anger, changing from a slow spinning merry-go-round to a screaming tornado, launching bombs straight at Heimdal. He narrowly escaped, taking out another layer. The Rondo shined searchlights straight at Heimdal, the center base unleashing pulsing shockwaves Heimdal had to jump over so he wouldn't get hit. It slammed the ground over and over, making impossible for Heimdal to both ready, aim, and follow the spinning faces. Instead, he stayed in place, jumping in a steady rhythm as he waited for the face to come to him instead, eventually shooting down the final layer. The carousel collapsed, revealing a key.

"Alright Kewpie!" Pearl cheered. Heimdal took the key as they and Pearl returned to elevator. As they returned, Heimdal leaned against the elevator. Despite his sudden cold persona, they appeared to be shaken up.

"Are you okay, Kewpie?" Marina asked. Heimdal looked down frightened.

The group traveled each floor until reaching the top. "So, the top floor is the control room we can configure these pallets." Marina explained. "Freeing whoever is connected to the weapons. The elevator opened on the roof.

"You came BACK?!" A familiar voice shouted. "I told you to leave! You can go! so GET! SHOO! PHHHHHBBBB!"

"Smollusk, why do you gotta be so mean for?" Acht asked. "We're just here to reconfigure Agent 4's palette and leave-"

"NO! I don't want that goody two shoes to be woaming around aftew what she did!" Smollusk pouted.

"What did she do?" Marina asked.

"She was the most CHAODIC Squid evew! I don't like hew! Fiwst, she attacks Octolings! Then she goes and falls in love with hew fwiend! Next she... she..."

"She didn't do anything to you personally, did she?" Acht asked.

"YEAH? SO?" Smollusk shouted in frustration before transforming back into Overlorder.

"He's throwing a fit, Kewpie, you should probably do something." Pearl said, Heimdal nodded before acting. As before, he attacked the weak points on Smollusk's shield, taking him down and his Jelleton army in no time flat. causing Smollusk to again short circuit and explode.

"You see!" Smollusk asked after his form reverted. "That Unagi is nothing but Chaos! She's a pawasite! A viwus! Get hew away from me!"

"Let's quickly configure her pallet." Marina whispered to the group. As her palette was reconfigured, the Order Shot was suddenly reunited with the soul of Unagi as she remanifested into existence.

"Woah! There she is!" Pearl commented as Heimdal shook his head, confused. Unagi was unconscious. "What do we do?"

"We got to bring her back to reality." Marina replied. "And maybe bring her home." Heimdal nodded.

"NUH UH!" Smollusk shouted as he saw Unagi.

"What are you gonna do? Transform so Kewpie destroys you again!"

"I'm waiting for my cooldown to end. But I can still scweam and shout! I'll pwotest til my wittle head explodes!"

Unagi opened her eyes. "Where am I?" She got up. "Is this a dream?"

"You're Unagi?" Heimdal asked. Unagi nodded as she rubbed her head.

"Ugh! Whatevew! Just get hew away fwom me! Get someone ELSE to watch ovew the Memvewse!! Just not hew!" Smollusk screamed. 

"What?..." Unagi asked completely confused. "Memverse? The project you asked me to look over, Marina?"

"Yes, we all got trapped here because of Smollusk trying to make a world of order with no free will."

"Yikes..." Unagi commented. "I don't wanna do this anymore... I wanna go home..."

"We'll leave, let's go." Acht said as the group left for the elevator.

"I've missed the square." Unagi said to Heimdal as they returned to reality. "It feels like it's been forever." Heimdal noticed as a bunch of Inklings and Octolings stared at Unagi. "Ignore them." Unagi said as she looked through her phone. "I always got fanboys looking at me- What the..."

"What's up?" Heimdal asked.

"Maki, no... No one is answering." Unagi said as she dialed different numbers. "I gotta find out where Maki is." Unagi walked off. Heimdal looked at her concerned.