069.

"....will you be my boyfriend?"

the words danced around the room ever so delicately, rolled off his tongue so smoothly. felix couldn't tell if his heart was still beating with how harsh it was banging against the doors of his chest, as if the winds were knocked out of his body.

never in a million years would felix have thought he would be getting asked out, ever.

all his life, all he had ever known was hate. hate towards himself, towards his looks, towards his body. all he was ever told was that he spoke too much, or spoke too little. smiled too bright, too awkwardly.

never would he have imagined someone would declare their love to him. him out of all the people in this world.

he was so zoned out and stuck in his head that he forgot to reply.

"....felix?" hyunjin started to become worried. he subconsciously chewed on his jutted out bottom lip, cursing himself mentally. 'maybe now isn't the right time? i should have waited a few more days. he probably hates me now. i ruined new years—'

"yeah." his roommate's voice squeaked out. his cheeks were blushed a cute hue of red, his eyes shone like stars as they stared up into hyunjin's shocked expression.

"i would...i would love to! yes!" he excitedly said, feeling all giddy on the inside. hyunjin's tense face immediately relaxed as a big smile broke out. he wasted no time and pulled the blonde in for a warm hug, the overwhelming sense of joy and relief mixed in one sent coils of happiness all over his body.

"god im so glad, thank you thank you thank you." he kissed him a thousand times with a stupid smile on his face, not wanting to leave this moment nor let go.

"i love you. i love you so much." he whispered quietly, holding the blonde's face in his hands. his previous apprehensive state was quick to dissipate.

"i love you too hyunjin."

he hoped this euphoric feeling would last forever, would create a permanent stain in his mind so that he could constantly be reminded of this moment right here. their bodies close together, their lips lingering longer together, the warmth of the cold dark living room and the only source of light being from the dull television as the faint source of fireworks in the far distance erupted outside. it was perfect, and hyunjin prayed that it would last forever.

they spent the rest of the night in each others arms, closer than ever on the sofa.

;

the cold sunlight broke out through the windows and beamed across felix's face. he had little to no recollection of when he had fallen asleep on the couch, on top of hyunjin. he grimaced as he freed his arm from underneath the elder's torso and stretched them to relieve the tension that built up in his muscles.

he sat there rubbing his eyes for a few seconds before slowly adjusting to the bright light of the living room. the sun was shining pridefully outside, which automatically meant it was absolutely freezing out there.

turning his head away from the window and back to the side, the blonde gently shook hyunjin who was still asleep underneath him.

"hyunie, wake up." he called and watched as the elder stirred around slightly with a scrunched up face.
he mumbled incoherent words under his breath before pulling the blonde back down to lay on his chest.

"few more minutes?" he asked, a small pout forming on his lips. how could felix refuse?

"fine." he huffed and laid back down, letting his eyes close to the sound of hyunjin's heart beating beneath him.

it took at least 30 more minutes before they woke up again, but this time by a knock on the door.

felix got up first once again and tapped hyunjin lightly on the face before making his way to the front door with slow footsteps.

"jisung? what are you doing here so early?" he grumbled in confusion.

"early? it's 12pm...did you just wake up?" felix nodded at his question. "shit...it's 12? oh god..." he walked back into his dorm and searched around the living room floor for his phone, it must have fallen off the sofa while they were asleep.

jisung followed in behind him. "oh?" he smirked upon noticing hyunjin who had just began sitting up on the sofa, messy long hair sprawled out on his head.

"what are you doing here." he rolled his eyes and got up with a stretch and a small yawn.

"i promised jisung we would hang out today with the others, i totally forgot! i'll go get dressed, okay?" felix disappeared off into the bedroom, leaving jisung and hyunjin in the living room.

hyunjin stood by the kitchen, serving himself a cup of water to drink before scavenging off to put some foods together to eat as a brunch. the air surrounding them was insanely tense and awkward.

jisung stood near the couch, rocked back and forth on his heels as he patiently waited for felix.

the blonde eventually came rushing back out, putting his socks on.

"let's go!" he smiled at his friend and hyunjin stared at him in concern.
"don't you want to eat breakfast before you leave?" he asked with worry written all over his face. felix shook his head and gave him a reassuring smile. "i'm fine! if i get hungry i'll stop somewhere with jisung and find food." he gave his boyfriend a quick hug before leaving the dorm with jisung.

hyunjin sighed, "but you didn't even finish your food last night." he mumbled once the door was shut. as much as he loathed the squirrel looking boy, he was more than sure that he would at least make sure the blonde ate later on.

a few minutes after felix left and hyunjin finished eating some food, the emptiness settled in. he had grown to feel extremely lonely without the blonde, as unhealthy as that sounded. his new found happiness resonated around his roommate. he stared dully at his phone, contemplating whether or not he should call changbin. someone he hasn't heard from for a while.

a hesitant finger pressed the call button as he drank some more water to ease the nerves in his throat.

it rang for a few seconds, until he picked up.

"...hey? hyunjin?" the familiar voice called out from the other side of the phone.
"hey changbin, how are you?" he chewed on his bottom lip as he awaited a reply.

"....i'm alright. you? feel like i haven't seen you in ages." he heard the boy laugh and instantly smiled.
"yeah...it's been about a week or two now. you know how much i hate going out when its christmas break unless i absolutely have to. but yeah, i'm fine too."

faint rustling could be heard from the other line before changbin spoke up again, "yeah, i know. i've been around i guess. school starts again in a few days though unfortunately." the other mumbled.

"yeah...school." he hummed and picked at the dainty fabric of his sweater.

"want to come over and play games?" he hesitantly asked once silence fell upon the two on the phone once again.

"i thought you'd never ask." it was almost as if he could hear the smirk that was most likely on his friend's face right now.

"yeah yeah whatever, just hurry."

everything was finally falling back into place.

~tbc

short filler chapter once again but i promise it will get better!

hope you guys enjoyed, thoughts?

(i missed the opportunity to make chapter 69 a smut chapter ^_^)