010.

hyunjin felt his heart drop to his ass once he saw his father enter through the door.
he watched as his hardened gaze softened as his eyes fell upon his son.

"sir, your son hyunjin has been tested for substance use and we have deemed that he is under the influence of weed on school grounds. this was his final strike before we suspend him for 2 weeks...i know what you have discussed with us but it is impossible for us to bend the rules for your son who keeps on violating them." Mrs.Soo announced with a sigh. hyunjin wanted the chair to swallow him up.

he wasn't that bad, right?

he anticipated his fathers response.

"i know, i know and im sorry for his behaviour but you have to understand-."

"Mr.Hwang, we are really sorry but we can't do this. while he's on suspension, we will arrange some sort of study session with a few students as he is lacking behind in important subjects such as chemistry, english and maths." she explained to the middle-aged man.

"alright, im sorry about my son. we'll be going now. make these arrangements and email me about them please. sorry for the disruptions he's been causing..." his father bowed to the teacher then placed a hand on hyunjin's shoulder.

"c'mon, boy." he led him out of the guidance office and walked in silence to his car.

hyunjin sat in front as he waited for his dad who was outside on an important business call to come back in.

he felt like absolute shit now.

his arms and thighs were burning.

after a few minutes, his dad finally entered the car. the air was tense and thick as he started the engine and kept silent. he pulled out of the parking lot and drove away.

"i'm taking you to your dorm and i'm taking away everything ." Mr.Hwang finally spoke up. by everything, he meant all the drugs and harmful substances hyunjin had under his possession.

"dad i-" hyunjin wanted to plead but abruptly got cut off.

"no hyunjin, enough is enough. I finally let you live alone and this is what you do to me? i've put so much trust in you to abandon your old habits and you betray me, betray us, like this?" his voice was just heartbroken.

"you're all i have left and i want you to get better and live a better life. be serious, smoking weed on school grounds? doing drugs left and right, just causing chaos everywhere you are is that the kind of life you want to live? this has to end now." his father's voice was raised and stern, resonating throughout the car. hyunjin felt his tears pool in his eyes as he pulled down his hoodie sleeves and wiped them away with an aching throat.

"i know it's hard but you have to let that lifestyle go, let him go. he's gone and he left you behind in this mess he made out of you. i warned you about him and his friends yet you ignored me! i tried everything to stop you hanging out with those lot who got you into this- into this druggie stuff!" it was clear that his dad was upset, hurt and angry. hyunjin couldn't stop the tears now.

why'd he have to bring it up again...

"i-im sorry dad, i'll try to get better...i promise."

;

felix was now in the cafeteria with jisung. he watched as jisung ate his fries whilst he was stuck with a healthy bar he chose from the canteen.

"do you want some?" the boy asked once he chewed down his food. felix quickly shook his dead and dismissed it,
"no im fine, i'm barely even hungry." what a lie. jisung shrugged and downed his cola .