034.

"sunwoo."

hyunjin stared with an unreadable expression.
'why on earth would he randomly bring up sunwoo?' he thought to himself.

he let out a deep sigh.

"what about him?" he sourly said. he hated to think about the person he once considered his best friend. the person who got him into the mess he was today to begin with.

"he—..." he paused.

"he what?." the taller persisted.

"just— never mind, okay? goodnight." felix sighed with a shaky breath and rolled himself under the covers with a struggle since hyunjin was weighing the blanket down.

he heard the other let out a deep breath and finally get up from his bed, making his way to his own, not being bothered enough to make felix spill his feelings and thoughts out.

he turned off the light from the lamp on his desk that previously illuminated the bedroom, leaving it now dark with the only light source coming from outside.

hyunjin rubbed his tired eyelids once he heard soft snores coming from the other side of the room.
'crying like that must've really made him tired.' he laughed to himself.

he briefly checked his phone, answering a few messages from his dad and another from changbin, slowly dozing off himself.

he saw a glimpse of the time before closing his phone and going to bed. it was
12:56am

;

hyunjin left the dorm bright and early— it was 9am. he met up with changbin at the nearby skatepark. when the older boy saw him, he threw his cigarette to the ground and crushed it with his foot before clearing his throat.
"hey, jin." he coughed out and hyunjin playfully rolled his eyes before giving him a small greeting back.

"you seem off." hyunjin pointed out. changbin's demeanour was glum, his body language radiated negativity and hyunjin wasn't sure if his friend was even in the right state of mind at the minute.
"nothing much, just took a bit of the usual." he sighed and ruffled his dark and slightly curly hair. hyunjin sceptically nodded before following behind the shorter boy.

"where are we going?" he asked.

"we're going shopping! and um...chan is coming along since he needs to do some last minute shopping for the party—"

"what the fuck changbin! you said it would just be us two." hyunjin groaned and rolled his eyes. shopping? with chan out of everyone? how annoying.

the boy who was walking fast in front of him shrugged his shoulders with his hands in his pockets, a small grin playing at his face when he came upon the mentioned boy who was leaning against the wall outside the mall.

"since when did you and chan become close friends anyway?" the taller huffed as they came closer to chan.
"not sure, we kinda clicked through music i guess, jisung too." he sighed.

"fuck why are you friends with everyone i hate." hyunjin exasperated and glared at the boy who gave him a taunting wave.

"not everyone you hate. and to be fair you hate a lot of people for silly reasons hyunjinnie." he reminded.

"hey chan." he greeted the curlyhead blonde. chan pulled changbin in for a "bro-hug" before grimacing at hyunjin's presence.

"i swear if you two end up in a fistfight by the end of this i'm gonna kill myself." he warned and both the boys nodded reassuringly that they would not.