042.

tw// mentions of self-harm

the four boys were now settled in the park. felix was on the swings with jisung while changbin and hyunjin were sat in the grass near them. felix grimaced at the thought of sitting on the damp grass and just calmly swung back and forth on the swing set.

he was lost in thought, the sky looked like it wanted to cry again. at any second.
'maybe we should head home...' he wanted to speak up but just didn't.

he swung a little more, spacing out in the area in front of him. the air was getting colder, more miserable.

"hey we should start going to the dorms before it starts raining." hyunjin suggested, getting up from the wet ground and wiping his hands on his pants before slinging his bag over his shoulder once again.
"i'm too tired to get up! gym killed me last night." changbin complained. he was always at the gym, working out daily. felix always felt intimidated and scared by him.

he slowly stopped swinging and hopped off, also grabbing his bag from the concrete floor.

;

"bye lixie! text me later." jisung waved before running off.

as soon as the boys parted ways and entered their dorms, it began pouring heavily. the wind thrashed the trees around and the rain spitefully spat harshly down onto the windows.

felix shivered a bit once he took off his shoes. he pulled his hood over his head to warm up his ears as he went to sit down on the sofa, hyunjin joining him shortly after.

"what if i get in trouble tomorrow? what if the school calls my parents?!" the boy slightly panicked at the thought. hyunjin did nothing but scoff at him mockingly,
"seriously? they won't care! you're such a nerd." hyunjin laughed. felix rolled his eyes at him in return and angrily moved further away from him on the sofa, bringing his legs up to his chest.

silence fell upon the two, both thinking about what had happened earlier with different aspects.

the taller boy cleared his throat, "i know you aren't feeling good right now but-" hyunjin began but was shortly cut off

"-isn't he your friend?" felix snapped at him as he desperately played with his rings to distract himself from the painful beat of his heart knocking against his ribs.

hyunjin knew he was talking about sunwoo.

"he's not my friend, lix. we used to be friends but we aren't anymore, haven't been for ages now." his roommate announced.

"w-why? because you— you and him were so close and always picked on me together.,." his voice became unstable and it pained hyunjin to see him slowly break.

"he—...look, let me tell you something."

felix slowly looked up at him, hinting to go on.

"we stopped being friends even before he got excluded. I got him expelled."

...what?

he was terrified of him.

"let's stop talking about it please." he begged, holding onto hyunjin's hands out of instinct.

the blue haired male nodded with a sigh, "fine, whatever."

the air around them suddenly became intensely awkward as felix removed his hands with a little sniff.

"did you catch a cold?" his roommate placed a hand to feel his warm forehead.
"i-i don't know...i'll be alright though i just need to sleep." felix sighed. his eyes felt heavy and his head was spinning.