066.

"you took your time." felix's mother smiled once her son got into the car. the blonde sighed and nodded, "yeah i just...took a longer time packing than i expected." he quickly mustered up an excuse.
"really? i thought you finished packing last night..." he looked at him suspiciously, and suddenly felix's face warmed up as he anxiously tried to remember if he even covered up the hickeys on his neck. he pulled the scarf closer up his neck. his mother scoffed and started up the car engine.

it was now 12:23pm.

he stared out of the car window, mindlessly listening to the static sounds of the radio playing in the background as he half heartedly engaged in random conversations with his mother.

"how's hyunjin?" felix almost jumped out of his seat at the mention of his name.
"he's— he's alright. he's going to go spend christmas with his father." felix sighed.

"with his father? what, are his parents divorced or something?" god, sometimes his mother was quite oblivious.

"no mum, hyunjin's mother passed away.." her face dropped in shock.

"shit! felix you could have told me that earlier!"

"language! and yeah, I probably should have...sorry." he frowned. maybe if he did inform his mother earlier, it would not have been awkward last night when she got him a gift for his deceased mother.

"now i feel terrible about my ignorance..." his mother mirrored his frown as she continued to drive down the quiet street.
"i'm sure hyunjin didn't take it personally...but anyway, i hope everyone isn't at the house already.."

"surely not. i told them to start coming at around 2pm..." mrs.lee briefly looked at the clock that was on the car dashboard.

felix let out a deep sigh and let himself rest his head on the cold window of his mother's car, humming along to her playlist that was now sounding around the warmth of the car as she drove towards their house.

;

hyunjin parked his car in front of his father's house with a deep sigh. cracking his knuckles before getting out. it was cold and previously began snowing outside. with slow and heavy footsteps, he approached the front door and planted a gentle knock.

"hyunjin? come in dear." his father kindly greeted him with a smile, glasses resting on top of his head as if they were sunglasses. his son gave him a small smile before stepping inside, taking off his shoes and placing them neatly next to the other row of shoes that were located at the front of the door.

"how have you been?" he asked, and the more hyunjin looked at him, the more tired he appeared to be.
"been alright. you look tired, did you sleep well?" he followed behind his dad to the living room.

"yeah i've been...i've been alright. got invited to a christmas even dinner party for tonight but i wasn't sure if you would want to come with me so i put the invitation on hold." he let out a drained laugh. "you and i both know how much we actually hate christmas." hyunjin couldn't help but smile at that, because it was true.

"mum loved it though." he sighed and his father nodded, "which is why we still try to celebrate it, because it's what she would have wanted." a maudlin silence flooded the room, hyunjin look out the window to admire the peaceful sheets of white snow that began setting on the ground outside.

"i'll go to that dinner party with you." his father smiled. "thank you."

"you painted your nails...?" he asked, eyeing his son's fingers that were painted red and black.