Part 48

Akshara was texting her location to her security and also instructed them to look over Goenka house for Abhir then she started driving.

Abhi - You okay?

Akshara (whispered) - Yeah

Abhi - So, where are you taking us?

Akshara - Well not the hospital for sure. What kind of bogus excuse was that? Why would uncle call me to hospital for any kind of approval, it was so lame.

Abhi (scratching his neck)- I couldn't think of anything else. Beside they are not going to figure out anyways.

Akshara (agitated) -It doesn't matter even if they figure out.

Abhi -Does something happened in there?

Akshara-No, I just... I just needed some fresh air.

Akshara drove towards the Fateh Sagar lake and Abhimanyu remained silent till they reached the destination.

Abhi - Oh, I haven't been here since ages which makes me wonder what happened in there.

Akshara - Nothing special just the usual.

Abhi - Well as far as I remember you used to come here when you are disturbed.

They got out of the car when Akshara gestured the security to stay behind who were behind them in the different car and moved towards the bank while Abhimanyu is following her. They sat on the bank of the ghat, none of them said a word just sat their comfortable in each other's presence.

Akshara - I don't like to go to Goenka house, to be honest. Earlier when I was here before any of this, I never realised what was happening around me because I was blind in front of the love I carried for them. But the years that I spent away from everyone gave me a lot of time to think about everything, to judge all the wrong I have caused and to all the wrong everyone has ever did to me. At first I thought the fault lies in me because I am the one who is despised by everyone.

Abhi -Akshara....

Akshara (shook her head) - Let me complete. But the more I thought about everything the more I realised "I took a lot of wrong decisions but so did everyone else still I was the one who is been held accountable for every small thing I did wrong" I am human and humans make mistakes, but everyone seems to forget that when it comes to me like I am not allowed to make mistakes. And I have been manipulated far too many times to do things I don't want to do just because I want that approval from my family that 'I am not doing anything wrong'. I have wronged you as well when I hid my feelings from you but well things worked out and we got married. But what we didn't realise is that our marriage was built on a lot of drama, lies, envy and jealousy maybe hatred from some of them. And we ourselves were not mature enough to handle all that came in front of us, I continued to be blind for the love of my family and eventually that took a toll on our relation when you started to feel that I am prioritising everyone above our marriage and maybe I did but I wasn't the only one who kept prioritising my family, you did as well and specially your "ma" but I was the one who is always been accused of putting everyone above our marriage.

She took a moment and looked towards Abhimanyu who was facing her and listening to everything intently then he gestured for her to go on.

Akshara - And now when I understand everything, I don't trust anyone, I don't like to spend time with them it all feels like a burden to me. Still I am the one who is expected to forgive them and forget everything. None of them realised i was suffering alone in front of all the people who were supposed to be loving me but now when I don't care for their approval, don't care for their love now they can see everything. Now everyone realised where they went wrong and they expect me to forgive them and act like nothing happened. How am I supposed to believe? How am I supposed to trust anyone?