Part 47

Next Morning,

Akshara was the one who woke up first in the morning, she saw Abhimanyu sleeping on the couch beside him. She mentally facepalmed herself.

Akshara (in mind) – What a way to help him out Akshara?

She then tried to get up only to realise that Abhimanyu was holding her hand, she slowly untangled her hand from his and moved out of the room.

She saw Abhir still sleeping, she then went to get ready for the day.

She was in the kitchen with the cook when Abhir came and then hugged Akshara from behind. At the same time Harsh came out of his room as well.

Harsh – Good morning.

Akshara – Morning uncle.

Abhir – Morning dadu.

Harsh smiled and nodded to both of them. Akshara started to set the table for breakfast.

Abhir – Mumma, Docman went out to jog or something?

Akshara – No, he is sleeping.

Harsh – What? He is okay, right?

Akshara – He is okay. Abhir go get ready then we will have breakfast together. Once Abhir left Akshara told harsh what happened last night.

Akshara – Don't worry uncle, he will be fine. And I think it will be better if he stay at home today and can have some rest.

Harsh – Yeah, obviously. I will clear his appointments and there is no surgery aligned for him right now so no issues.......... Akshara beta, Thanks for handling him.

Akshara – I...kind of.... I think.... anyone would have done the same.

Harsh – I don't believe that, anyways how is everything going for you.

Akshara – It's all good.

They kept talking for a little while then Abhir joined them and they had breakfast together then harsh left for the hospital.

Akshara and Abhir are spending time together playing Jenga. When Akshara noticed the time it was almost 11am, she decided to wake Abhimanyu now.

Akshara – Hey Kiddo, why don't you go and do some homework? I will check up on docman.

Abhir – Ok, I don't think I have much to do.

Akshara – Just go study for a bit.

Abhir (whined) – Promise me, then we will go out today. We didn't went out together since so long.

Akshara (thoughtful) – We can arrange something for sure.

Abhir (victorious) – Yeah !!

He pumped his fist in the air and went to his room to study while Akshara went to the living room to wake Abhimanyu up.

Akshara saw Abhimanyu still in deep sleep, she gently shake his shoulder while calling out his name.

Akshara – Abhimanyu, wake up it's nearly noon.

Abhi (groaned) – Hmm?

Akshara (softly) – Get up and eat something.

Abhi (whined) – I will do that later.

Akshara (rolled his eyes) – Stop acting like a kid just get up.

Abhi (rubbed his eyes) – What time is it?

Akshara – Nearly 11.

Abhi (wide eyed) – What?

Got up immediately in a hurry.