Part 42

Next morning Akshara got ready, they were all sitting on the breakfast table when the guard came in.

Guard – Ma'am, someone is there to meet you.

Akshara (confused) – At this time? Who?

Guard – I don't know, a girl and a guy. They said they know you and want to meet you.

Akshara – You didn't ask for name?

Guard – I did, Arohi Birla it is.

Akshara (sighed) – What now?

Abhir – Mausi?

Guard – Should I open the gate?

Abhir – Yes, do it. She is Ruhi's mata shri.

Guard looked towards Akshara for confirmation -?

Akshara – Let them in, show them the way to drawing room, I am coming.

Guard nodded and left from there.

Akshara looked towards Abhimanyu – Any ideas what is it about?

Abhi – Maybe the marriage invitation, you know formal kind of way.

Harsh - I will come with you.

Akshara – No, you guys continue, I will manage.

Akshara got up to leave.

Abhir – Mumma, I am coming with you.

Akshara – No, finish your breakfast and leave for school with Sachin or you will get late.

Abhir – I will just come and say hello to her.

Akshara (sternly) – Breakfast first, everything else later.

Abhir (whined) – Okay mumma.

Akshara left for the drawing room not really sure what to expect.

Ruhi – Masi !!

Akshara instantly masked her annoyance with a pleasing smile after realising that Ruhi is also here.

Akshara – Heya little one, how is the school going for you?

Ruhi – It's great. Mumma told me she is coming to invite you for her marriage functions, so I came along.

Akshara – I am happy that you came.

She bent down and gave Ruhi a tight hug.

Ruhi (Jumping) – I was excited to do a lot of things and I guess you can help as Poppy told me once that you are so good in planning and organising parties.

Akshara – Uh-huh. Take a breath Ruhi. Abhir is having breakfast inside, go join him and then Sachin uncle will drop you both to school.

Ruhi – But what about....

Akshara (raised her eyebrows) – We will talk about that later, go or you will get late for school.

Ruhi (mischief) – I will go annoy bhai a little.

Akshara laughed and Ruhi left from there.

Rohan – Hey Akshu, how are you?

Akshara – Hey Rohan, I am great but can you not call me that? Just call me Akshara please.

Rohan (nodded) – Still good with kids I see. She doesn't stop talking about you.

Akshara – I believe you are not here for small talks, and I have to review a little work before going to office so just tell me what is it?