we need to talk

Akshara – So, you already know why we are here.

Mr. Shekhar – Ma'am, I know it was a blunder, but I wasn't aware about Dr. Birla practicing there.

Akshara – That is your mistake Mr. Shekhar because you were given the responsibility to manage everything. You should have been aware about all the doctors on duty there. What kind of management was that? Any unknown person could have become a doctor there and you wouldn't even realise if they caused any serious complications. I caught Dr. Birla myself otherwise nobody would have noticed.

Mr. Shekhar – Ma'am, I am really sorry but I knew about all the doctors there and nobody came to tell me about any new doctor. Dr. Gupta should have come to me and explain that he asked Dr. Birla for help and Dr. Birla should have known that he need permission to help. I mean these doctors do help each other out in some cases in the past but there is a lot paper work involved in that cases.

Akshara – And Dr. Gupta you were supposed to be the senior doctor there how could you be this irresponsible. Even if you knew Dr. Birla, you should have reported before involving him.

Dr. Gupta – Ma'am I apologise but I was panicking, we were short on staff and there were several cases, I forgot to report Aditya sir and Dr. Birla helped us with many cases in the past so when he asked if we need help, I accepted immediately.

Abhimanyu was lost in his thoughts; he was looking towards Akshara like a fanboy.

Abhimanyu (in mind) – How can she manage everything so calmly specially after what happened yesterday, it's like she puts on a mask for the world to see. And wasn't she supposed to be on leave today? Yesterday she looked delicate that even a small touch can break her and right now her whole demeaner emanates nothing except authority and power. But this authority suits her, it's like she is made for this. She looks splendid.

Akshara looked towards Abhimanyu – And you Dr. Birla, Dr. Birla?

Abhimanyu came back to reality – Y...Yes.

Akshara - You should have been responsible enough to report that yourself. I mean you are an experience doctor so you must be aware about the paperwork involved in normal cases when a outside doctor is called to consult so you didn't think about that you need permission to be there.

Abhimanyu – Ak...Ma'am...Uh...I...I am sorry, I just wanted to help.

Akshara – Nobody would have denied you to help but you just can't get yourself involved without permission specially in official work. I guess you all know where you went wrong. So, I will just say give me written application Mr. Shekhar and I will issue a warning against you three.

Mr. Shekhar – Ma'am I am really sorry. I will keep this in mind that something like this never happens, I will write an application but can you please not issue the written warning because we didn't cause any harm.

Akshara – That's why I am not writing a letter to suspend you for negligence, I will just issue a written warning which won't affect your jobs and career unless you keep performing the same mistakes again which you are going to write that you won't in your application. And it applies to all three of you. I am not taking a serious step because it didn't cause any harm but there are some protocols we have to follow and you all must be warned. So, leave your applications with my PA and you will receive your warnings from him as well.

Mr. Shekhar – OK, Ma'am.

Akshara – You can leave now.

They left after thanking her and wishing her noon.

Akshara got up to leave her office. (IAS officer do have a office at their residence for holding meetings in emergency and after office hours.)

She walked towards the lobby and found Harsh and Abhimanyu talking. Harsh saw her as well.