Part 30

She was busy when Sachin informed her that the driver is ready to take her home. She checked the time, took some files and instantly moved out of her office.

Sachin informed the driver to go Birla Hospital as they have to Pick Abhir on their way home. They reached the hospital and Akshara called harsh who didn't pick up.

Sachin – Ma'am?

Akshara – He is not picking up his phone. (And I am not going to call Abhimanyu)

Akshara called Harsh few more times who still didn't pick up.

Akshara – I am sending you a number, call Dr. Birla and tell him that we are waiting for Abhir.

Sachin called Abhimanyu who picked up after few rings.

Sachin – Dr. Birla, we are waiting for Abhir outside.

Abhimanyu – We? Akshara is with you?

Sachin – Yes, Ma'am is here.

Abhimanyu – Ok, give her phone please.

Sachin moves the phone toward Akshara who gestured "tell him I am busy on another call."

Sachin – Dr. Birla, Ma'am is busy. So, just bring Abhir.

Abhimanyu took Abhir out with him and moved towards the gate. He knew Akshara will come to pick Abhir up, so he bought a bouquet for her with a sorry note. He convinced Abhir to give the bouquet to Akshara as she won't say no to Abhir. Abhimanyu was coming out he was carrying Abhir in his arms.

Here Akshara get out of the car, waiting for Abhir. The car was parked across the road as she doesn't want to go in, she saw Abhimanyu coming out with Abhir and Ruhi running behind them. The signal was red, she was crossing the road to reach the gate to take Abhir while Sachin stayed behind beside the car.

Akshara saw a speeding bike from the corner of her eye and saw Ruhi running on the road behind Abhimanyu, she instantly got in action, she put her left hand forward to gesture the bike to stop and ran to pull Ruhi towards her from her right hand. The bike didn't stop but Akshara saved Ruhi, everything happened so fast, Abhimanyu didn't understand why Akshara is running past him, until he saw the bike missing them by mere inches.

Akshara's sight was fixed on the bike for a few more seconds then she looked down towards Ruhi.

Akshara kneeled down – Ruhi? Everything is okay baccha?

Ruhi nodded but tears left her eyes, she was scared. Akshara embraced Ruhi to calm her. Then she tried to pick her up but instantly regretted, pain shot through her left hand but she stayed quiet as Ruhi was already scared.

Arohi who witnessed the whole thing also reached there.

Abhimanyu – Ru? Akshara? you are okay?

Abhir – Mumma!

Akshara nodded towards Abhimanyu, Arohi pulled Ruhi towards her.

Akshara – I am fine kiddo, go with your dad. Take them inside, I will come in a moment.

Abhimanyu didn't move, he stayed beside her.

Akshara (concerned) – Go! She is scared, she needs you.

Arohi carried Ruhi inside, she may be selfish but not when it comes to Ruhi. Her soul left her body when she saw the bike coming towards her, even the words refused to come out of her mouth. Her daughter is safe and sound in her arms, she was rubbing her hand on Ruhi's back when she felt her hand got wet, she instantly checked over her and it was blood on Ruhi's top.

Harsh came towards them – What happened?

Abhimanyu passed Abhir to harsh.

Abhimanyu – Ruhi, you are hurt?