Part 37

After dinner, Akshara spent some more time with Abhir then put him to sleep and came back in her study to go over the details of the new security personnel before going to sleep.

Abhimanyu knocked and came in; she instantly closed the file.

Abhi – We need to talk but before we do that here take these and let me see your hand.

Akshara – I am not complaining but you are not exactly my nurse, you know that right?

Abhi – Well I am not sure if you still don't like medicine or you just tend to forget about them.

Akshara – Both are incorrect I would have taken them myself if you will stop hovering over me with them. It's not like you were roaming around me every time I get sick in the last 6 years and the fact that I managed perfectly that's got to say something.

Abhimanyu remained silent while she took the medicines from him and gulped them down.

Akshara – You want to talk about what?

Abhi – I know I did a lot of mistakes and you don't trust me anymore but leaving Sachin to watch over me is a bit over the top don't you think?

Akshara – Don't give yourself that much importance that's what he is hired for.

Abhi – Don't lie, he is assigned to you.

Akshara –Actually Me and my family and do I need to explain to you that Abhir is my family.

Abhi – But he doesn't need protection from me. You leaving Sachin at home even though I was here with Abhir, he didn't leave Abhir alone for a second like I am going to kidnap him or what?

Akshara – He is doing his duty for god sake stop making a issue out of it.

Abhi – I am making an issue? Why would you invite me to stay here if you don't even trust me to take care of him. Answer me then why is he following Abhir around everywhere I take him. And don't try to give an excuse, When dad spend the night here, Sachin was with you. He didn't stopped to watch over him then why me? Accept it you don't trust me.

Akshara – That I don't but...

Abhi - You think I will take him away, I will try to manipulate him.

Akshara – I never said that and nor I think like that. And try to take him away, you will regret your existence.

Abhi (pleading) – Then why? Stop it then. Ask him to leave Abhir alone when I am with him.

Akshara – I won't.

Abhi – Still stubborn, I see and for all the wrong reasons.

Akshara (scoffed) – You are being illogical. I am sure he wouldn't have said a single word to you, I am sorry if my kid's safety come above your ego. But Sachin is going to stay with Abhir irrespective of what you like or feel.

She looked up to see Abhimanyu before deciding to leave.

Akshara – Don't worry my behaviour won't kill anyone from your family this time.

She left for her room.

Abhi – Akshu Stop.

He came behind her and held her hand.

Akshara – Leave my hand.

Abhimanyu came closer and whispered in her ear.

Abhi – It wasn't your fault, I didn't lost Neil or anyone because of you. It was an accident nothing more and it's about time you should accept that. I never lost anything because of you, I lost everything when I asked you to leave.