Goodbye Shimla

Akshara knew she has no choice, she was staring at the appointment letter. She has to go Udaipur now whether she likes it or not. She has a 10 days to shift in and then start her work in Udaipur. But right now she couldn't think about anything. All she can think about is staying in the same city as her family.

She knew it will be useless to even try to hide her presence in Udaipur. It's going to come out anyhow. With her line of work there will be a lot of things that's going to come out. She is an IAS officer the moment they going to realise this, they all going to know she didn't got married. As all the information about officer's can be accessed easily on internet. Then how will she explain Abhir.....

Akshara – Please God, can you give me a break for once. Just when I thought everything is back to normal. I accepted everything that has ever happened, now what more do you want ? Never had a normal childhood, then those pathetic teenage years if that wasn't enough a more useless adulthood. Lost everything in my life, I had nothing left just when I got a reason to live now what ? Want to take it away from me as well ? I have been thankful for what I have got in my life even after everything that has happened ? Don't I deserve a little peace ! What did I even do to deserve all this ?

She felt her anxiety rising, her hands were shivering, she looked for her medicine as much as she wants to avoid them, her life has other plans. She took two pills then closed her eyes and focused on her breathing, she was counting numbers in her head.

She pulled herself together kept the letter aside and focused on the last day of her office here.

Akshara came home, she didn't tell anyone about her posting yet. She needs to process it herself first.

Next few days passed like that only, Akshara was still worried about Udaipur, she was stressed, she ran outside towards the garden to find some peace and fresh air. She need to stop thinking all this fortunately she saw Abhir playing football with the guard. One look at her innocent child can make her forget anything.

They guard stopped the moment he saw her, he wished her evening.

Abhir realised he is caught. So, decided to change the conversation.

Abhir – Mumma ! I have heard from partner that you are going to get promoted. Congratulations mum !!

Akshara – Thank you baby but this doesn't mean I haven't noticed what were you upto, I told you before not to engage guard uncle with you, What did you do ?

Abhir – He was free mumma.

Akshara – He is an employee, Abhir he came here to do his job and not to be your babysitter.

Abhir – I promise, I didn't ordered him, I just asked him nicely.

Guard – It's no problem ma'am, he asked me if I can play ? I agreed myself.

Akshara – Thanks bhaiya, I just don't want him to be spoiled. You are older than him, so just ensuring he respects you.

Guard – Allow me to go ma'am

Akshara nodded towards him.

Then she thought, she can't avoid that conversation forever, she has to tell Abhir about going to Udaipur, moving company will come to move their belongings tomorrow. She needs to hold her nerves, she can't lose now when she has a lot to fight for. She will take things one at a time, now she has to tell Abhir. Then she will inform Abhinav and kavleen. She will think about other things later.

Akshara – Abhir, do you want to go out for a drive, we can go out to see the city lights from the top of the hill.

Abhir – Are you serious ? you have time ?