Collector and DM - Ms. Akshara

Next two days were very busy for Akshara as she has to settle down her home, then there were multiple officers who came to meet her.

She is thankful to one of them in particular who took the responsibility of Abhir's admission in a school. Well being a IAS officer has it's perks you get a lot of help in case of transfers.

But still the next week is going to be very hectic, she still has to settle a lot of things, there were pending projects and then the added responsibility of being a collector.

She is still not sure how will she manage Abhir as he was not familiar with the new house helps, guards and other employees, she can't leave him with them, She misses Abhinav and Kavleen in that moment. She also has to inform the goenkas about her shifting in Udaipur but she will do it later, that is not her priority right now.

Today is Monday, she has to assume her responsibilities here officially, time to see her Office. First she will drop Abhir to his school, his admission is already sorted, she just has to meet his principal once.

Akshara – You are nervous kiddo ?

Abhir – Why ?

Akshara – I mean, it is your first day in your new school.

Abhir – I am not nervous, I will just miss my friends here.

Akshara – Don't worry you will make new friends here, beside this school has the best facilities for football. You are going to love it I think.

They reached the school and left for principal's office, Akshara gesture the multiple constables and security to wait for her with the car, only Sachin accompanied her as he was her personal bodyguard. Her security also increased with her role, she has 2 security personnel before, now 2 police constables are also added in that list.

But she only knew sachin out of all, she don't want to take any of them inside the school but Sachin is a little paranoid. So she allowed him to come.

They entered the Principal's office, Akshara asked Sachin to wait outside, who agreed reluctantly.

Here principal was already notified about Abhir and Akshara.

Principal ( she stood up from her seat ) – Good morning ma'am. I am Karuna Sharma, Principal.

Akshara – Good morning to you too Ma'am.

Principal – You must be busy, so don't worry about the formalities, we have all the documents of Abhir, you just have to sign here. We will sort everything out.

Akshara – I am not busy for my son, so we can talk about his schedule and classes. And can I have his class teacher's number. I will keep contact with them for his class performance.

Principal – Yes sure ma'am.

Akshara wished Abhir Goodluck and left from there.

The moment she got out of her car and entered the collectorate, everyone saluted her. Well she is the senior most officer in this district now.

She nodded towards them and entered her office. She was engrossed in her work, had several meetings including meeting with ADM and SP, she checked the time it was already 1pm. She can't go and pick Abhir. She called Sachin and asked him to pick Abhir.

Half an hour later, Abhir joined Akshara, who just finished another meeting. Its was lunch time so she don't have anymore meetings for next 30 mins. She asked her PA to serve her lunch while she took Abhir to get him changed.

Akshara asked Abhir about his school and they had lunch together. Then she put him to sleep.

She again got to her work while keeping a check on her kid in between. Sometimes she wonder "why didn't she picked a less demanding job" but maybe it's not her job that is demanding it's her life. Managing a kid and a Job all alone isn't that easy. And she will not be able to give such good facilities to Abhir in any other profession. Beside she had a lot of help with all those house help, cook, driver so the career choice is best but maybe the family choice wasn't.