32. Red Flag

"Karan! It's just a team! It's not the end of the world!" Preeta scolded karan.

Since the time of the pairing of teams, where he got paired with Sahil, He is sitting like his world has ended. He refused to eat much and now has drowned himself in work with that frown over his face.

"I didn't say anything about that stupid team. M bas apna kaam kr rha hu. Kyu tum mere peeche padi ho?" He asked, annoyed with her constant nagging.

Preeta narrowed her eyes at this man and then glared at him with all her force.

"M tumhare peeche padi hu Karan Luthra!? MAI? you know what, Bhaad m jao! I don't care." She hissed at him.

When he didn't react, She shook her head at him and went to bed to call it a night.

She draped the multilayer Blanket over her body, because the temperature in Manali was too cold.

Karan was still sitting at the couch with his darling laptop. He was even wearing specs and Goddamn, He was looking hot.

Preeta glanced at him from the corner of her eyes and she frowned as he didn't even for once look in her direction.

"This is not done! This is so not done Karan Luthra!" Preeta thought.

It took enormous courage to put aside the blanket from her body and stand in the cold. But she did it anyways.

She marched towards Karan and shut the lid of his laptop startling him.

"What the fuck preeta?" He said, annoyance dripping from his tone.

"Get up!" Preeta commanded.

Karan was more than shocked to see this sudden change in her attitude. From nagging at him for his childish behaviour to directly commanding him in that authorative tone, the transition was smooth as fuck.

"K- Kyu?" He asked.

"I said, Get. Up. Karan. Luthra." She said again, this time it was not a command it was a straight warning.

Karan immediately got up. He sucked in a deep breath when she immediately grabbed the collar of his jacket.

"Ye- Ye Tum- Tum kya kr rh- rhi ho?" Karan asked.

She didn't gave an answer. She immediately started dragging him by his collar and stopped when she reached near the bed.

"Sit down!" Preeta ordered.

Karan widened his eyes seeing her bossy attitude but did what she said nonetheless.

"Take off your jacket!" Preeta commanded.

If the earlier commands were high waves of ocean, this was the freaking tornado for karan. It hit him squarely in the chest. He was terror stricken.

"Wh- Nh- Ye Tum kya bol rhi ho?" Karan asked leaning backwards on the bed to stay away from her as far as possible because this woman has gone crazy.

"I said - Take off your jacket, NOW!" Preeta commanded again in a drop dead deadly voice.

Karan gulped and wrapped his jacket more tightly around him, not letting an inch of the jacket stick away from his body.

"Tum hosh m to ho! Ye kya bol rhi ho!?" He asked, making a crybaby face.

"Karan I swear--"

"Dekho agar tum mere saath kuch bhi Aisa waisa krne ka soch rhi ho toh m tumhe kuch krne nhi duga. M bahut Shareef insaan hu, shaadi se pehle kuch bhi nhi!" Karan mumbled, gulping every now and then and moving back in fear.