21. Black

Preeta's eyes stirred as the sunlight peeked from behind the curtains, winking at her.

She let out a groan and covered herself with the duvet till her head.

Then she woke up once again and saw the time.

11:00

"Shittttttt!" She cursed and immediately threw the duvet away.

Her little teddy bear was left cuddled up between her duvet, and was a long lost thought of her mind.

She bragged her phone from the nightstand and muttered more curses as she saw twelve missed calls from Sahil, eight from Ranbir and Twenty One from Prachi.

And her phone rang once more, it was from Prachi again.

"Hello! Shit, Sherlock I am so sorry--"

"Don't tell me bitch you forgot. Kal raat m 11 baje tak yaad dilaya h tujhe. How can you so simply forget it pree!" Prachi says, sounding angry.

"No! Ofc not. M bhooli nhi hu."

"Then what happened? Why the hell are you not here yet? Yk what, sab yaha pe sirf Tera wait kr rhe h Because damnit---"

"Dude I slept lateeee!" Preeta yells.

She hears prachi exhaling a breath.

"What were you doing?" She demands.

"I---"

"Don't tell me you were fucking Karan." Prachi says smugly.

"Shut up prachi! What the f--- Hell no! I was not fu-- I was not doing anything of that sort with him, but yeah, I was with him till about two. Slept late. Woke up just now." Preeta sighs.

"Two huh!" Prachi says.

Preeta could practically imagine prachi with that teasing smirk on her face looking at her. She rolled her eyes.

"Now get your ass fast here bitch."

"Comingggg!" Is all that preeta yells and tosses the phone over the bed and heading straight for the washroom.

After taking a quick shower, Preeta comes out wearing the white anarkali suit she picked for the occasion.

She wore the beautiful ankle length frock suit with the matching chudidar and dupatta.

After applying eyeliner on her eyes and light pink lipstick on her lips, she completed her simple look with a black bindi between her eyebrows.

She left her hairs open, curling them at the ends. She was almost ready but then noticed that the dori of her anarkali was open.

She groaned and tried to tie it by herself but failed. She tried it again and again, but failure was all she got.

She checked the time on her phone, it was 11:45, Ruchika had probably gone to her college and Karan to his office, so only nandini must be in the home to help her.

Sighing, she dialled her number and by the time, she keep on trying to tie the dori.

After a few rings, Nandini picks it up.

"Hello maa!" Preeta says.

"Maa nhi, Maa ke bete ko phone Kara h tumne." Says Karan from the other side.

She widened her eyes and looks at her phone. Literally, instead of dialling nandini, she had dialled-

Narak (Literal Hell)

"Oof shit!" Preeta groans.

"At what time you got up?" Karan asks.

"Eleven." Preeta says, and keeps on trying.