22. For Her

Two cars stopped, trapping the goons and preeta between them.

As soon as karan saw preeta, in the most miserable state, blood rushed in his veins and before he knew, he was out of the vehicle and Was punching a goon.

The vehicle which came from the opposite side was of Sahil, and he was doing the same as karan, beating the shit out of the goon.

Only Karan knows, when she called him, crying and told him what is happening, his soul was about to leave his body.

He was ten kilometres away and Mumbai's traffic was a bonus.

Only he knows, how he covered this ten kilometres in fifteen minutes.

Both Karan and sahil were beating goons respectively, when they heard sneha yelling,

"Preeta mam!!!"

When Karan and sahil looked back, they found preeta lying on the road, her forehead covered in blood.

Karan immediately went towards her and pulled her in his lap.

Her face was red with blood, her lips were bleeding As if someone slapped her, her beautiful white anarkali was covered in her own blood stains.

A tear escaped Karan's eyes which directly landed on preeta's cheek.

She was unconscious.

"Karan! Karan uth! Usse hospital leke chal. Uth karannnn!" Sahil yelled from behind.

Karan came back to senses and immediately picked his preeta in his arms and rushed towards his vehicle.

He can't waste a second, because if anything happened to her, he knows he will not be able to face himself.

He can't.

•••

Preeta was taken inside the ward and doctors rushed towards her.

Karan looked at the doctors taking her away from him, till he could no longer see her because they were examining her.

He felt nauseous, he feels dizzy. His whole body felt numb.

If sneha wouldn't have forced him, he would have never picked her phone up. He remembers how annoyed he was.

{}

Karan was being very grumpy and was hell annoyed and frustrated. To add on his frustration, at the exact moment, his phone buzzed.

When he saw the caller id, he groaned. She was the last person he was willing to talk.

Lifelong Responsibility.

For the first time, he ignored her call.

Already his meeting had went bad, worse than he expected and he was sure he will never get this deal.

And this girl is calling him to add on his frustration. Not her fault tho, but he is just not in the mood.

When her phone rang for the second time, sneha asked him to picked it up.

"I am not picking it up. Wo Humesha faltu kaamo ke liye mujhe phone krti h." Karan said, complaining like a kid.

"Sir, ek baar utha ke to dekhiye, kya pta kuch important ho. Please sir." Sneha said again.