17. Cupcake

How tiring a day can be?

Not possibly more than this day. It was a horrible day, both physically and emotionally for preeta.

Physically maybe it was less, but the emotional weightage was alot.

She had cried half the day, that caused much more physical tiring.

And finally after two hours of sleep, she returned to her home. She looks around at her room, the pink shade is as it is, everywhere. But something feels dull.

But then, she remembers that when at eight thirty in the morning, she had shown up on her best friend prachi's doorstep, her face red and tears continuously flowing from her eyes, Prachi had hugged her immediately.

And then preeta had cried and cried and cried in prachi's arms.

But prachi had handled her with much love, affection and care. Caressing her hairs, and providing her with the motivation she immensely needed.

She remembers what all she said,

"You know what preeta?" Prachi said to preeta, who was lying on her lap and was crying from the past half an hour.

Preeta hummed between her sobs.

"Tujhe pta h teri sabse achi baat kya?" Prachi asked.

Preeta just tried to shook her head, asking 'what?' but she had failed to do so and her head merely moved, but prachi got it.

"You accept your mistake and you try your best to reverse it. You are accepting and working not Ignoring and moving on. That's one of the best traits darling, trust me. I am truly saying, Jo tune Aaj Kiya h na, I would have never! M Teri jitni himmat wali nhi hu! Bahut Kam log hote h, jinme ye courage hota h, To accept and redeem their own mistakes. I am proud of you, Janeman!"

Preeta looked at prachi who was smiling at her and she cried more knowing that no matter what, these three people will always be there for her, no matter what.

Prachi continued,

"You have saved rachit and Ruchika from getting expelled or restricted. I am Proud of you. Aur m ye bhi janti hu, tu nandini aunty aur Mr. Luthra ko bhi jald hi mana legi. No one can remain angry at you for long, tu unhe rehne hi nhi degi. So chill. And for now, cry as much as you want. Whatever you feel, let it out. M hu na sunne ke liye. And if you want, I will call Ranbir too. Hum Hain preeta! We are there, no matter what."

These words automatically made her smile.

Idiots or not. They are her best friend and they will remain as so, in good and bad, sunlight and shadows, thick and thin, whatever you call.

But right now, preeta's priority was nandini. She was her mother, she gave her the love she secretly craved since childhood. She gave her a relation she badly wanted, but never had, the relation of a mother and daughter.

And now, when she have a mother. Oh wait, when she have a disappointed mother, preeta is hell bent on not leaving a stone unturned to plead for forgiveness from nandini.

"Par m Karu kya? Mujhe kuch smjh nhi aa rha." Preeta huffed.

She googled, Pinterest-ed, she checked out everything she got on Instagram.

Her search history was like-

How to impress my mom, main apni mom ko kaise manau, what things moms like, pro tips for asking forgiveness from mom, best things moms like as sorry gifts etc.

She got none.

Besides, it took alot of her time and brain. It was all useless. She had almost gone crazy by the time.