30. Kill

Numbness paralysed Karan from head to toe. His head spun, his eyes felt the world shattering and he wanted to scream as loud as he could.

The irony was, no sound came out. His body was frozen till such extent, that he can't feel anything.

The only thing he can feel and hear was, her.

She was crying in his arms and he was holding onto her as tight as he could. Yes, his body was not able to move an inch due to the sudden trauma, but it also didn't let preeta go. Never will.

"Koi tumhe maarna chahta h." These words came out as a mere whisper from his mouth.

A part of him wanted her to deny. If this is the truth, then he has failed. He has failed in protecting her from the evils lurking in the outside world.

Till now, he was assuming that the previous attack she went through was just an accident and not because she was his wife. But this one just proves the fact.

What can one want from her if they don't have something evil against him. Nothing.

This shattered him.

"Preeta!" His body finally moved and cupped her face with both his palms.

She was crying, and his heart shattered more.

Someone tried to freaking kill her.

"Pehle tum baitho." He urged her to sit.

When she have settled on the nearby couch, he handed a glass of water which she gulped in a go.

He forwarded more water but she declined his offer.

He sat on his knees near her feet and held her hands in his.

"Tum theek ho na, kahi chot to nhi lagi na tumhe preeta!" He asked and himself started examining her, to check any signs of injuries, if they were there.

A small cut on her forehead, a rash mark on her wrist and a few injuries near her toes and foot.

"Jyada nhi lagi. But tumhari car-"

"Forget about the car. I don't care if it has Burned down. 100 cars like that can go to hell unless you are fine, I asked whether you are fine or not?"

She slowly shook her head and that filled his heart with a little relief in this moment of chaos.

"What actually happened, babydoll?" He asked.

"A truck was chasing me. Par, maine usse edge pe rakha, but when I was close to Luthra Mansion, The truck came impossibly close to me to isliye maine panick m poora right turn kr Diya car ko jisse wo ek tree se jaake takra gyi. Chota sa accident tha, but the truck passed away, leaving me alone." She said.

Karan flinched listening it. A GODDAMN TRUCK was chasing her? A truck?

Till he remembers, there is no such enemy of his professionally, who can stoop so low to take something out of him. Unless, they have some personal grudge.

But that was not the time to press the matters more. For now, he have to let this go because Preeta needs him.

"I- Uh-" Karan tried to say something but he was unable to form any words.

So he just hugged her.

"No one will touch you, or harm you in any way. I promise." He vowed, more to himself than to her.

She nodded, shakily.

"I know." She whispered.

"Waise how is Rohan? Is he okay?" Karan asked.