29. Agent

The night was bizarre for karan. It was extremely hard for him to sit straight during the dinner because Surprise Surprise✨

It was his enemy, his Rival Jai Rathore sitting right in front of him. Thanks to the courtesy of his wife.

His hands were itching to strangle that man, so as to wipe that stupid glare from Jai's face.

And the fact that Jai Rathore was none other than his best friend's fiance, He was now forbidden to do anything bad to him. That's the friendship code.

After the worst thirty minutes of his life, the dinner was over. His father proudly sauntered towards his room, without giving any glance at Jai like he doesn't exists.

But he can't. He knows he can't. Because his wife and ananya were the only two people apart from him who were not awkward around Jai and they both willingly talked to him.

How, how------- Ughh! Ananya have the rights to talk to Jai, But why Preeta?

His hawk eyes were fixed on both preeta and Jai, not flickering even for a microsecond.

At the end, after a discussion they all declared that ananya have decided to spent the remaining days of vacation with Jai at his penthouse.

"Do you really want to, Anie? Or is he forcing you too?" Karan asked Ananya, glaring Jai who scowled.

"Karan!" Preeta shrieked.

He looked at her raising his eyebrows and she gave him a murderous glare. He frowned and turned back towards ananya,

"As you wish, anie. I want the best for you, And you know that."

Ananya beamed at Karan and nodded.

"I will- I will just- leave with him then." She said.

Karan nodded.

"Call me if he didn't treats you right." Karan said.

"I will." Ananya replied.

"No need. She will call your wife, atleast she is more understanding than you." Jai said grumpily.

"Tumhe Aisa kyu lagta h?" Preeta asked.

"Are you not, Preeta?" Jai asked, surprised at preeta's words.

Karan suddenly felt hot with fury. Where was he when his wife and his favourite rival became so accumulated with each other that they are now on first name basis.

He fisted his hands, his knuckles turning white and glared at Jai and Preeta. Too bad, they didn't noticed him.

To Karan's very surprise (till the point he would have got a heart attack but alas, his heart is strong), Preeta pinched Jai's biceps, making him yelp in pain.

As much as Karan was satisfied listening Jai yelping in pain, he would rather have Jai smiling all the life than Him yelping in pain caused by his wife, and that too in that goddamn wayy.

"To tumhe bata du, tum bilkul galat ho, Jai!" Preeta said.

"God! You are absolutely Wild! I am not meeting you again, Ever!" Jai said.

Preeta gave him a smug smirk and said,

"We both know that's not happening, Jai darling!" Preeta said sweetly.

Wrong statement. Wrong timing.

If earlier Karan was feeling waves of fury inside him, now it was a whole volcano ready to erupt from his inside.