27. Possessive

After eating the cupcakes, Preeta thought that normally, they will part their ways and retire back to their room.

What she not expected was, they both were just strolling around with eachother in the midnight, not saying a single word but even that was comfortable and calming.

The atmosphere in the lawn was slightly chilled because it was past midnight and it was just the onset of the winters.

"Thank you." Karan said, breaking the silence.

Preeta teared away her eyes from the green grass and looked up at her husband.

"Kyu?"

"For the cupcakes, Dumbo." He said, smacking her head lightly.

She narrowed her eyes cutely at him but ended up grinning at last.

"You are most welcome, husband." She said.

Karan just shook his head in a small nod but when the reality was, he was biting his lips so hard to prevent his smile that he might draw out blood from it.

He was behaving like a teenager. A crazy in love teenager, going all giddy when she called him 'husband'. She was stating fact, he is her husband. What's with his reactions these days? He himself doesn't knows.

He noticed the time on his watch and realising it's way too late, he got up and urged her to retire back to bed as well.

"Comeon preeta! Get up. You need to sleep." He ordered.

Suddenly, all the calmness and patience in her was gone and she leapt upon him like a tigress.

"Do not order me like that. M tumhari servant nhi hu." She snapped.

He blinked, trying to adjust with her sudden change of mood. It was a simple sentence of him, with no twisted words and still her whole demeanour changed in seconds. He is confident enough to say he won't understand this women ever. He won't ever understand any specie of this gender ever.

"M tumhe order nhi kr rha. I was just saying. What's with you acting all snappy and furious all of a sudden?" He asked.

She didn't answered anything, just looked at him with a murderous look. If looks could kill, Karan would be six feet deep in the ground.

Karan frowned and turned on his heels to go inside the mansion. Before going, he turned for a last time and asked,

"Will you like to go shopping tomorrow? No I mean, not exactly shopping, we will play some fun games and something too."

Preeta looked at him with alot of confusion. Several questions clouded her mind as in why is he asking all of a sudden? Is he having mood swings worse than a pregnant women that he is asking her out? Ain't he trying to become a good husband!? Fuck no.

"Tum mujhse kyu puch rhe ho achanak se?" She asked.

"Preeta, Answer!" Karan urged.

"Okay fine. I don't think I am free tomorrow. I can't." She answered.

She noticed disappointment flash in his eyes and in a second, it was gone.

"Fine." He said.

"Arey ruko. Tum puch kyu rhe the tumne bataya nhi." Preeta said.

"Wo mujhe anie ko kal leke Jana h. That crackhead can't stay away from shopping. To agar tum bhi hume join kr leti to it would have been better, but nevermind. I guess, kal hum dono hi chale jayege." He shrugged.

Preeta looked shocked, extremely shocked. Did she just shot herself with a loaded gun or a truck passed over her?

Damn. She had cutted her own leg with an axe.