28. Pink

Everyone wants him
That was my crime
The wrong place
At the right time

And I breakdown
Then he's pulling me in
In a world of boys
He's a gentleman

The music was blasting in preeta's room, as she was getting ready for the day, for being the judge of the painting competition, but that wasn't her primary concerns and she knew that.

It was early morning, the time when Karan wakes up. Yes it was seven, Karan would have probably woke up to an empty bed beside him, he would have been astonished too, but yeah preeta is bathed by this time.

And she was having a serious hangover, not the alcoholic hangover, but a sleepholic hangover. Sleep was knocking her door every now and then, her eyes feeling dizzy and her bed feeling way too tempting.

So to distract herself from sleep and focus on the work ahead, Preeta has put on a blasting music in her room, just to keep herself awake.

But the lyrics of the song made her doubt herself. She had been questioning herself again and again, the same thing that is she doing this right? Is this the thing which would benefit both of them?

Afterall, they are not the ideal couple to begin with anything. Nor was he her boyfriend who was flirting with another girl and she have to make him Jealous to take her revenge.

She still didn't knew why in the holy frickity frack she was doing this, this just didn't felt right. But still, what's the point of living if all the things we do are right. If we can do things wrong by mistake, doing intentionally sometimes won't hurt a bit.

She smiled at herself, smirking often. The pink saree her mother in law gifted was exposing nothing at all, but it was too beautiful and was looking absolutely fabulous on her. She twirled happily at how gorgeous the saree looked on her.

A notification popped up in her phone and when she looked at it, her eyes got widened.

Guess what the trending news was? Ladies and gentlemen ~ Them, Preeta and Karan Luthra.

She laughed at the third picture in the row. It was of yesterday, when they were in the food court and Karan was mimicking how anie clicks her picture. He was mocking ananya, now the internet mocked him, poor guy.

And her heart twitched uncomfortably at how good they looked in the very first picture, It was of the game zone. When preeta helped Karan win, after that Rachit competed with Ananya and they were standing it a corner, enjoying their game.

She was also astonished at how good they pretended to be an ideal couple. They don't even needed extra acting skills when I'm public, it was all natural and it was enough to convince the media that all's well. Only if they knew.

"Ughh, Stop!" Preeta said and got up, to complete her last minute touchup.

But, whom she was fooling? She exactly knew, she was badly tangled in this mess. One side, her heart was begging to give this relationship a chance, who knows it might be worth it. But then, the haunting behaviour of Karan and his clear verbal words of his hatred towards her on the night of their wedding came crashing everything, the castle of cards of their relationship.

Because of this, the other part of her heart, the one which she thinks is more rational, Begged her to not take second chances, what if it turned out worse than it is.