09. Honeymoon

Karan came back to his room after teasing preeta and was staring dreamily at his bed and was about to dive on it but his phone chimed with another notification and he threw an annoyed look at it.

Picking it up from the nightstand, Karan saw that there was a notification from Miss. Verma. It said,

I hope sir, aapne packing krli hogi!

Karan widened his eyes. In all this Sahil fiasco, He totally about his business trip to Paris which is scheduled tomorrow morning. He haven't done a bit of his packing yet.

And heck, he haven't even informed any of his family members about it.

He quickly texted Sneha back,

Yeah, all done!👍🏻

He looked at his bed with a crybaby face and said,

"Thodi der aur, mere pyare bed!" He murmured and walked out of his room.

He walked downstairs to his parents room and swiped the card.

The door of the room open and he saw his father reading a magazine while sitting on the bed and his mother watching her regular daily soaps, lying lazily on the bed beside his father.

He smiled seeing them and announced his arrival,

"Mom! Dad!"

His dad looked up from the magazine and his mother decreased the volume of television.

"Karan! Tu yahan? Sab theek to h na bache?" Nandini asked, slightly concerned. But seeing Karan's calm face, she understood that there's nothing to seriously worry about.

Karan too shook his head and said,

"Nothing 'serious' serious!"

"To phir kya hua h?" Raghvendra asked.

"Actually, I have a business deal with Suzanne Jenner in Paris. M wahan Jaa rha hu, wahi inform krne aaya hu!" Karan said.

"Kab nikalna h?" Nandini asked.

Karan bit his lips looking at nandini, who was waiting for her answer.

"Kal subah!" He said slowly.

He noticed as both his parents eyes got widened in surprise and he bit his tongue.

"Kall? Kallllll? Aur tujhe abhi yaad aa rhi h hume batane ki? Are you for real Karan!" His mother scolded him.

"I know, I know mom! Mujhe pehle batana chahiye tha, par m bhool gya! Heck, meri packing tak nhi Hui h abhi!" Karan said with a crybaby face.

"You should have Karan. You are not going to some casual business meeting in a random hotel. You are going abroad. I expect you will not repeat it in future." His father said sternly.

He nodded, "Yes dad."

His father nodded back. He got up to leave but stopped at the voice of his mother,

"Preeta ko bata Diya?" She asked.

He closed his eyes in irritation and turned back. His mother noticed exactly how his mood changed at the mention of preeta.