01. The Start

The Luthra Farmhouse was looking magnificently enchanting today.

A royal golden aisle was setup in the middle of the large hall, the strong golden pillars at the four sides carved with the wedding mantras.

Red velvet carpet was leading the way to the aisle from everywhere, till one's eyes goes, the carpet was present.

Each and every corner of the hall was lighted up with lights, red and golden decoratives and fresh flowers.

The place screamed richness.

Afterall, it was the wedding of former business tycoon Raghvendra Luthra's eldest son, the new business sensation, Karan Luthra.

The bride and the groom were taking vows in front of the holy fire.

Both were dressed in golden and red wedding attires.

But their facial expressions were polar opposite. His eyes were burning in rage, one could see the fire in his rageful face. But hers, they were full of admiration, an excitement for the new phase of her life.

Both were unknown to each other. Two months had passed, since she had agreed for the marriage. She went to her in-laws, met them, her sister and brother in-law but not him.

If they ever crossed paths by chance, he would roll his eyes leaving immediately and as fast as he could and she thought he became awkward.

Little to no people were invited in the wedding ceremony, only close family members. Hardly twenty people were present.

And she was okay with it, because the reason she got was,

"Hum simple and peaceful wedding krna chahte h preeta. Jisme sirf Ghar ke log shamil ho. Media and all public create ruckus. Hum khud enjoy nhi kr pate apne bacho ki shadi. Isliye, if you don't mind."

Her tob-be father in-law had asked and she had agreed immediately to his wish. She even sacrificed the wish to call her only three best friends in her marriage.

Yet She was excited for her wedding and this decision was good for her because she can't marry while being suffocated around so much crowd.

She hates parties and crowd.

After taking the holy seven vows, Karan and preeta sat down beside each other.

Ruchika came forward with the holy nuptial chain and Karan was asked to tie it around preeta's neck.

Oh, only he knows how he controlled the urge to strangle her with that very same chain which is the proof of their marriage.

He tied it around her neck in a matter of seconds and looked straight, not even bothering to look at her whose eyes were filled with tears. She closed her eyes and her tears fell. The loving face of her father and the only photograph of her mother flashed in front of her eyes.

The next, preeta's hairline was filled with the vermilion, when her eyes were closed in the memory of her dead parents and she knew, it was the start.

•••

After the long ride of two hours from the Luthra Farmhouse, the Real, Majestic, Luthra Mansion came in preeta's sight.

It was magnificent. The Luthra Farmhouse was nothing infront of it.

The large building was nothing but a royal castle.

In this span of two hours, her newly wedded husband hadn't uttered a word to her despite he was sitting next to her in the car.

Not a single word.