00. Prologue

Being an artist, for preeta meant forever healing her own wounds, and yet at the same time, endlessly exposing them.

The beautiful piece of art she created on the canvas, though painfully beautiful, recited her whole life.

It was a portrait of a baby girl, holding her dad's hand, looking at the world with her big, shiny eyes full of dreams, admiration and aspirations. The girl in the portrait was forwarding her other hand to her mother for hold onto, but she was not present, there was a blank space.

The world around was a blend of vibrant and dark colours, showcasing the world as dark, yet the most beautiful and fascinating thing.

Preeta looked at her creation, her eyes moistening with tears and a faint smile on her lips.

It was her life.

Her beautiful, all sunshine-sunshine life.

Yes, deprived of her mother, and now deprived of her father as well.

Her father was her biggest support system, all though they were from a upper-middle class family, he still supported his daughter and motivated her to go towards her passion, painting.

Yes, in start it was a little hard for her to establish herself in her field and in initial months, she had little to no earnings despite of using good quality canvas and colours which resulted in her loss.

Still, her father was her support.

But now, he is not here too. Four months ago, he left her and the world.

But now, preeta is strong, she had established herself as one of the most famous artist whose paintings are famous.

Wiping some tears from the corner of her eyes, preeta looked outside the window. The Twilight sky adoring her view made her smile.

She, after cleaning the mess created due to colours, left her art room.

She switched on the lights of her house, as it was almost evening.

Moving towards the kitchen, she tied her hairs in a messy bun and started her second most favourite thing, baking.

Also, she turned on the music system and played a 1D song.

"Baking + music. Perfect evening." She said to herself.

She was preparing the dough for muffins while her lips sang along the lyrics.

What she not expected was, A ring on her doorbell.

"Aeein? Is time mere ghar kaun aaya?" She wondered.

Nonetheless, she washed her hands, keeping the dough aside and paused the music. She moved towards the main door.

She peeped from the keyhole and saw an elderly couple standing there.

"Raghvendra Aur Nandini Luthra? Mere ghar m?" She wandered.

She opened the door and immediately masked her emotions with a gentle and polite smile.

She had to, afterall, the man standing infront is her late father's boss.

"Good evening uncle aunty!" She greeted.

"Good evening beta!" Nandini Luthra said. Raghvendra Luthra just smiled.

"Please, andar aaye na!" Preeta said.

They nodded and entered inside. Preeta led the way to the drawing room as this is the first time, they are here.

"Uncle, aunty! Tea yaa coffee?" Preeta asked, once they all were settled down.