12. Husband

Adventure.

Something preeta had looked forward all her life, something which thrilled her to next level. Something and maybe the only thing in which, she never failed.

She never knew, her adventure will cost her something as big.

"Karan!" She calls for the umpteenth time, receiving again a silent treatment from him.

If she would have not committed this, she wouldn't have called him more than twice because there were his bodyguards around, but keeping her self-respect at side, she is still calling him, because she is on the wrong side, and she accepts it.

He didn't listened, again. He is treating sneha and preeta the same, just after those two words, they were silently asked to sit inside the car, that command was also given by his eyes.

And since then, the silence had been horrible.

Karan signalled all of the other people present in the hall to go in their room with the flick of his fingers and held preeta's hand, dragging her towards their room.

He opened the door and shoved her inside. She stumbled, but balanced herself.

He sat on the couch, his hands gripping the seat of it, and his eyes glaring the ground with a murderous glare.

"Kar-"

"Not a word! Raat bahut ho gyi h, change fast and sleep!" He commanded, his voice void and empty.

Preeta sighed sadly and turned back to go to Sneha's room to take her clothes.

"Do not go anywhere, tumhare bags yahin shift krwa diye h!" Karan said.

Preeta shook her head silently and went towards the luggage. Taking out her royal blue silk nightdress, she went to change.

After coming out, she saw Karan still sitting in the same position, like he didn't even blinked.

Sighing, she went and stood infront of him. He didn't even reacted a bit, totally ignoring her presence.

"Dekho tum kis baat pe gussa ho? Wo to bta do atleast. Agar tum iss baat pe gussa ho ki m tumhari secretary ko le gyi without a protection, to duhh, m usse layi bhi wapas, safely. Aur agar tum iss baat pe gussa ho ki hum tumhe Bina bataye chale gye, to dekho, mere paas uska bahut hi jyada valid reason h. Tumse puchti to tum definitely mana krte, tum krte i know it! So--"

Her breath hitched in the middle as he suddenly stood up and grabbed her shoulders, bringing her near him, giving her a mini heart attack.

"Mera action yaa reaction predict krne wali tum kaun hoti ho?" He asked.

The anger, the rage, the frustration was clearly noticeable in his body language. His eyes, his voice, his actions, they signalled everything. But his eyes, they told preeta the depth of his anger.

She breathed in relief, atleast he showed some emotion, instead of giving her the silent treatment.

"Aur tum Janna chahti ho na ki mere gusse ki wajah kaun h? TUM HO!" He said.

Preeta scrunched her nose in confusion.

"M kyu?" She asked.

He glared her, and she lowered her eyes lashes, unable to look into his eyes anymore.

He lifted her chin up and said,

"Tumhe pta h m kitna- kitna pareshan ho gya tha jab tum dono aise achanak se gayab ho gyi? Aur mujhe pta tha, koi sneha ko haath bhi nhi lagayega! Sabse pehle sab tumhe harm karenge! Kyuki tum meri wife ho! Mujh tak pahuchne ki sabse aasan kadi ho tum! Tum meri indirect weakness ho! Jab tum achanak se aise gayab ho jaogi ek anjaan country m, humare Desh se laakho miles door, to tumhe kya laga tha? M baith ke coca cola pee rha houga and Netflix and chill? Tumhe kuch ho jata to kya krta m Damnit!"