23. Spy

Coming home, in our own space and being in the comfortable cocoon of our own bed was something humans never cherish, until they could not have it.

One realises the price of a thing only when it's lost is true through and through.

So here was preeta, cherishing her own homecoming with her own self and her own room. This place felt more blissful to her than heaven, and why not, she was coming from hospital.

Her head was still bandaged and the doctor clearly instructed to change the dressing twice a day.

She rolled her eyes. She needs not care. Karan is there to do the task.

Right. Karan.

Sometimes, She didn't understands the weird actions of that man.

He says he doesn't likes her. He says he will never accept her as his wife and blah blah bullshit.

At the same time, he is there with her the whole time in the hospital, despite throwing up five times and weakening himself.

He says she is not the wife he wanted. Then he cares so much for her that she doubts his own earlier said statements.

And due to his actions, her whole definition of 'Karan' is messed up. Her whole definition of 'Her husband' is messed up.

She showcased him, no wait. She did not showcase him as a reckless person, he was one reckless fucker in the initial days of their marriage. Doing whatever he wants and not giving two shits to anybody else.

But now, He was not that reckless person. She will call him responsible now, if someone asked her about him.

But the behaviour he showed yesterday confuses her. Her Rational mind said that it was genuine. Irrational mind said that she is missing something. He can't be so simply genuine.

As much as the thoughts of her Rational mind flutters her heart, creates butterflies in her stomach, she knows this is not true.

He can be genuine. But not this much genuine.

Not even sahil told her that how he came to know was annoying the shit out of her.

It was like every damn person around her was keeping her in the dark.

She was snapped out of her thoughts when a knock landed on the door of her room.

"Come in." She said.

Soon, Karan entered with a valet following him with a food tray. The valet left the food tray near preeta's nightstand and left after bowing at them.

"Ye kya h?" Preeta asked.

"Food." Karan replied curtly.

"Thanks batane ke liye. Mujhe laga wo tumhari files Hain." Preeta commented sarcastically.

Karan frowned at her and then shook his head at her. He turned and picked up a packet from food tray.

He came near preeta. Preeta raised her eyebrows at him.

"These are your medicines." He told.

Preeta made faces seeing the packet was about to snatch it from him that he backed it off.

"What?" She frowned.

"This was just to inform you. Hell, I am not giving these to you. Tum inhe bina soch smjhe 2 second m dustbin m dump krdogi. So hence, they are remaining with Me." He said making preeta frown more.

"Kya tumse iss topic pe ladne ka koi fayda h?" She asked.

He proudly shook his head in denial and preeta Rolled her eyes.